10. Defeated

Three weeks later, Robert was back from his shoot. It was the second Saturday of the month. Every second Saturday the company held a mandatory meeting for every artist, actor, model or singer, who had signed a contract under the company, other than those who were out of the city for a job. They discussed the recent events, activities, new opportunities, any major issues. It was also to build morale and relations between the stars.

Everyone was gathered in a small hall on the ground floor eating breakfast, including Wang Liang who was speaking with Robert. Sam was there with a young actor and Conrad Fernandes, who had pulled some kind of deal with Sam to get business from the company. Dong Fu didn't have to participate in the meeting but that didn't mean he couldn't rub shit on faces of people who laughed at him for the last three weeks.

Dong Fu had started going to the gym two months ago, he hated how Sui's body had become soft and fragile over the time in the hospital. Now his body had already transformed into a healthy one, he looked even better than before.

Today he was wearing a deep neck black netted t-shirt with a black jacket on and a copper coloured cords, finished with black military-style boots. He wore glasses and one who followed him was princess Lala, who was wearing a cute fluffy pink t-shirt. A wolf had transformed into a shy pup.

The entire scene looked like a clothing endorsement. He took off his glasses like a pro, there was no smile on his face but an attitude that would make everyone fall on their knees. For a young person to have a temperament like a senior artist, made everyone choke on their breakfast.

Conrad lifted his camera and kept clicking photos, what if he didn't want to be a model? He was free to take photos unless Dong Fu rejects otherwise. The clicks echoed in the silent hall.

There were more than fifty people in that small hall. Dong Fu walked at the table where they were serving breakfast. He picked up a cup of hot milk and a sandwich.

Everyone stared at him and then at Lala. He broke the sandwich into two, giving other half to his new best friend. His slender hand was licked by her, giving everyone shivers. They wished they were a pup too.

"What is he doing here?" Liang asked his agent.

Tao smirked, "I wanted to tell you three weeks ago, you didn't seem to have any interest to know who the new guy was."

"Has he signed under anyone?" Liang asked.

"No, he works in the finance department." Tao let out a sigh.

"Are you crazy? Did you just see him walk? He has the talent to become a model. Ask him to sign under you." Liang pleaded the other.

"You just want to get close to him, isn't that why you are pushing me forward? Why don't you ask him out face to face rather than making me a third party? But your suggestion is not bad either, I could get him to the top in the industry." Tao's eyes flashed with greed.

"I already did." Sam who was peeping into their conversation interrupted.

"Sam, what you mean you already did?" Liang's agent asked.

"You heard me right, I asked him to sign under me, but he rejected. So back of, if he changes his mind, I am the first person in line." Sam warned.

"Maybe you didn't try your best. Did cooking in hotels all these years reduce your efficiency?" Tao smirked. Sparks fired between the two agents. Oh, they were on, they were going to fight for it.

Dong Fu walked to Sam and smiled, "I see that you made a deal with Conrad here... Was that the deal you made for my home address?" His smile was mischievous and bewitching.