82. Shopping Bags

The blondie walked into the dark office. There was a lamp lit on the table. The man sitting behind the desk was busy working. The handsome face had many lines drawn by an artist called Time. Though he was aged, he was still good looking. It was Feng Sui's uncle.

He turned his gaze from the papers to the woman standing in front of him. She stood straight waiting for him to speak first. He stared at her expression, "You seem to be disturbed. It went as I had predicted, he didn't forgive her. So what's with the long face?"

"He didn't feel guilty either, he watched her choke, bleed, and die. But there was no trace of guilt, not even a little bit." She stated.

"He wanted revenge for what she did to Dong Fu. Sui holds a special place in his heart for the man. He wanted revenge and he got it." The man replied.

She paced in the office, "But it was different, it felt like it was more personal. The way he came up with an alternative to kill her. It was just..."

"Surprising?" The man interrupted with a satisfied smile. The blondie stopped pacing and nodded. He continued, "he is one of us, he has it in his blood."

"He is going to be a great soldier if you let me train him." She stated.

"I don't want that for him. He is my nephew and also my brother won't agree to it." He spoke as he continued scribbling.

"But you love your job, I love my job, we help those whom no one does." She argued.

"But we also kill ruthlessly." He stated.

"I just saw him do that, not long ago." She replied.

"Would you do it? Let your nephew or son choose the path you have chosen for yourself?" He asked.

She chortled, "Oh, I didn't choose this for me, the circumstances in my life made me do it."

The man took off his glasses, "I didn't want it either nor did my brother. Would you allow your son to do what you do for a living?"

She shook her head, "Never, I would want him to live a normal life. A warm life, have a family."

The man nodded, "We all wished for a normal life and Sui has it. I won't take that away from him. I will protect him until my last breath. After me, the responsibility is yours to do so. If you owe something to my father, it is life. He is no more, but you still owe him. He protected you, I protected you, and you will repay it by doing the same for Sui."

She nodded, "I promise."

"Good." The man replied. "What's the status of the shooter?"

The woman answered, "We have eyes on the person. About Yang's daughter, Sui has requested to get her away before the war starts. He wants her safe."

The man nodded, "Do that, we still don't know the reason behind Dong Fu's death. I want to know all the details, everything. Wang Liang's father is also up to something, keep a watch on him."

The blondie nodded and asked, "The ones behind the incident, wanted to end it by making Yang a scapegoat. We haven't struck back yet. Why can't we leave it like this? Starting a war will hurt both sides equally."

The man replied, "You can't be sure of that. They attacked Sui on a hint of suspicion that he knew about their identity. There is no guarantee that they won't come after him in the future. Also, we can't decide how the war will end unless we know all the details. But the important thing is not what you or what I want, it's what Sui wants. He will go after the shooter, whether you like it or not. There is no way he will let that person breathe under the same sky as him. They planned a hit on Liang, oh boy... Sui will take them down. Whatever happened at the hospital was not normal. I would rather help him and keep him safe than see him go berserk again. If you are done, you can leave."