92. Forced Confession

Waking up after another blackout, Dong Fu wanted to bury himself. He couldn't believe his stupidity. He was no longer in the office of his company, but in the study of Akira Tanata. His head spinning around with pain and heaviness. He had a sensation of carrying pounds of sandbags on his head. Trying to gain the balance of his body he rose from the chair. It was then, the cops burst in. "Hands in the air." They demanded.

Everything happened so fast, Dong Fu had no time to process the present situation. He complied with the orders of the police officers as they handcuffed him. Breathing in twice, trying to stabilize his brain, he asked, "What is going on in here?"

One of the officers dragged the younger behind the couch where a dead body was lying on the ground. "You are under arrest for the murder of Mr. Akira Tanata."

Dong Fu grinned, "Now, that doesn't happen every day." He understood why Aiko didn't kill him back in the office. He was being framed for the murder of her husband. He laughed like a madman as he was taken into custody. What else could he say, it was a good plan.

Sitting at the table, Dong Fu stared at his cuffed hands. He had asked for a lawyer repetitively, however, there was no sign of any. There was no phone call, no message, nothing. Not knowing where he was, the details of the charges against him, he was left in a vulnerable state. The officers had already interrogated him multiple times, and he had told the truth. That he was hit by someone in the back of his head. He opened his eyes in Sam's office the next morning, Sam left so that Aiko and he could talk. He told them the truth about what Aiko had informed him. He also asked them to test his blood to confirm if he was given some sort of medication to fall asleep. The Cops entered the room, the moment he had woken up in the study.

Though he repeatedly expressed the chain of events, he didn't mention that it was Sam who had hit on the back of his head. He couldn't do it to him.

It had been more than two weeks since the initial arrest. He was finally informed that someone wanted to meet him. Patiently waiting for the guest, he counted the numbers backward. After a while, a man walked in, wearing a suit. He was in the late thirties, shorter in height, but not so bad looking.

The man took a seat in front of the young man, he opened the files arranging photos and notes. "You can call me Xu, I am the prosecutor assigned to this case. You have been charged with the first-degree murder of Mr. Akira Tanana. I hope you are aware of that. I have gone through your statement. I am also aware you asked for the lawyer. Since whatever statements you made earlier weren't in the presence of one, it stands void. We cannot use it in the court, not that there was anything that could have been used. You don't have to talk to me or tell me what happened, but be patient and listen to everything that I shall explain to you. Whatever I am going to tell you is off the record, you can answer if you want, it's your choice."

Dong Fu leaned back on the chair, shrugging his shoulders, "I have been arrested on suspicion of murder, not charged with it. The charges will be proved in the trial by the court. Did you even finish law school?" He smirked, "Look, I have already told the truth multiple times, the facts won't change."

The prosecutor adjusted his glasses with a bitter smile, "We will see that after I finish what I have to say." Dong Fu nodded at it.

The prosecutor flipped pages of his, "You left the party after your meeting with Akira, but reached home late. Oh, I know who stays there. We have already questioned Wang Liang. We also have you on CCTV leaving the party and your car entering the gates of the love nest you resided in. It takes around twenty minutes to travel the distance from the party, however you took more than an hour. Were you drunk, so you decided to drive slow?"

Dong Fu smiled, "I had a date, I had to drop her."

Mr. Xu nodded, "I see, a date without a name and address. How come we didn't find her. Where did you drop her, in the middle of the highway, or cemetery? But then again, why does it take an hour to simply drop someone?"