93. Being Insane

Dong Fu sat on the chair, seemingly bored of his life. The hospital pajamas he wore were loose and comfortable to his liking. However, looking at the same colored uniform everywhere, every day made him lose screws. It felt like he was back to school again, at least that's how the staff at the institution treated people there. There were too many rules to be adhered to.

Feng Sui was being closely monitored by everyone at the institution. The doctors wouldn't want him to attack anyone like a rabid dog, not after he had already bit one of the medical staff. The incident happened on the first day of his admission. It wasn't Dong Fu's fault, the man was touching him here and there. However, who would believe the words of a man convicted of murder and an unstable mind.

The trial was still ongoing, if proven guilty, Feng Sui would be sentenced to nine years in prison. Out of which, three years would be spent in the mental institution depending upon his progress report. Just to be safe, the court sent him to the institute because of the confession made by him, saying he was possessed by Dong Fu's soul. The biting incident later added confirmation to his unsound mind status.

The days he spent in the mental institution were worse than he had imagined. He had no notion of what was being fed to him. The food was tasteless, the medication were extreme pink, yellow, or blue in color. The staff saw them as maggots and the passages smelt of urination.

He wondered if the people lost their ability to think normally or control over the muscles to urinate and shit wherever they wanted. At every step of the way, he could smell death. If someone didn't kill him, he would definitely die of some infectious disease.

But at times he thought living with other insane minds, wasn't so bad. One didn't have to use their brains for anything at all. He just could behave the way he wanted, scream and yell, dance the way he wants and nobody would judge him. But as days passed, he was already on the verge of collapse. If it wasn't for a particular doctor who reminded him to keep his thoughts together, he would definitely be a resident forever.

Orlando sat in front of him, with newspaper solving sudoku. Though there was a dislike towards this particular individual, Dong Fu could at least sleep peacefully at night. He didn't have to worry about someone trying to feed him poison or shave his pubic hair in the middle of the night.

Orlando was pretending to be a fifty year old man with gray hair and painted wrinkles. He loved his job, especially because he got to bully the young man as well as experiment on the human behavior of other patients.

Other than the rotating fan on the ceiling and the constant scribbles on the newspaper, everything was silent. This was supposed to be a private therapy session, but like always they were killing time and space. He would fill the blocks, whereas the younger was being trained to pass time doing nothing.

Dong Fu sighed from time to time making the other person frown. He kept tapping his left leg, being impatient. His waist was already sore after sitting in the same position for the last hour. He wanted to go back and play chess. At least it was entertaining there. He would narrate rubbish stories to the rest of the patients. Not only them, but the staff would also circle around to listen to the tales of nowhere. It was better than spacing out or talking to the air.

"Stop tapping your foot, it's distracting," Orlando complained as he peered through the big round glasses.

Dong Fu rolled his eyes, "It's not like you are answering university exams. How long do I have to wait?"

Orlando looked at the puppy, sighing heavily. The younger male had gone through tough times at such a young age. He was feeling emotional towards the boy, his paternal instincts shot in. Realizing the kind of thoughts, he was getting, he seriously asked if he was getting into the character of an old man too much. That or he was becoming mental. He snapped out of his thoughts. Why was he feeling sad for the cunning fox? The man was born a monster to ruin people for good.