96. My Ugly Children

Bumping his shoulders with Sam, Dong Fu walked inside the courtroom. The fifteen minute clock had turned to half an hour.

Ziyi frowned, "What a jerk. I can't believe his lawyer accused the old man having sexual relations with your aunt."

Sam tucked the few strands of her behind her ears, "He is just trying to twist the case. Just because he questioned something, doesn't mean he would be able to prove it. If I say you were a liar, it doesn't mean you are, I have to prove it to you."

Ziyi bit her lower lip, "But, what do you think is going to happen?"

Sam shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, but I was told they found his therapist. They are going to question him. The prosecutor's team will try to prove that the confession date and time, though differed, Feng Sui told the truth back then. They might put us on the stand just to confirm some parts of his story."

Ziyi nodded, "What are we going to tell?"

Sam smiled, "The same as before, changing stories will only give them chance to point fingers at aunt. Why don't you sit inside? I will freshen up and join you soon."

Once she left, Sam went to the men's bathroom. He closed the quickly unfolded the piece of paper from his pockets. He read it, chuckling all of a sudden. He scribbled a few words on the back of it. Before he could leave Liang walked inside from one of the bathrooms. Sam crumbled the paper, sneaking it back in his pockets.

Liang washed his hands, not paying attention to the guy who was scratching the back of his neck. Liang wiped his hands with the paper towel. Before Sam could get away, Liang pulled him by his wrists. He snatched the crumbled paper ball from his pocket.

Reading the notes on it, he narrowed his eyes. Sam looked into his eyes and asked, "What?"

Liang slapped the back of the other's head, "You owe me, that's what. Both of you......."

Feng Sui's lawyer had intelligently cornered the butler. His lies were caught and the man couldn't answer anything further. Though nothing was proved yet, his testimony was doubtful. The judge asked the prosecutor if they had any other concrete evidence.

They presented the murder weapon in the court. It had Feng Sui's fingerprints on it.

Ryan rose from his seat. He walked to the officer from the forensic team. "You submitted the report that my client's fingerprints were on the gun. Were there any fingerprints inside the gun?"

The officer raised his eyebrows, then looked at the prosecutor who nodded at him. "No, there were no fingerprints inside. The only fingerprints we found were that of Feng Sui."

Ryan turned to the judge. "Anyone who owns a gun has a basic knowledge of how to use it. Akira was a part of a smuggling group back in a day. These people from time to time have a habit of taking the gun apart, cleaning it, and modifying it if needed."

"The more interesting fact is, my client's fingerprints were found on the gun. However, there were no fingerprints inside the gun. It means, whoever used it, or touched it, wiped it clean before. Now, why would Akira do it? It's his gun, registered in his name. If used, it will be linked to him."

"Shouldn't it at least have Mr. Akira's fingerprints or maybe that of someone else's. How come there were no fingerprints inside it at all? If my client was the one who fired it, if he was smart enough to clean his fingerprints on the barrel of the gun, why wouldn't he clean the fingerprints on the outer surface of the gun?"