38. Shall we begin?

The days after Christmas were peaceful for Dong Fu. For some reason, no one followed him anymore. He wondered what made the weirdos stop.

Liang on the other hand was getting bolder day by day. He would stop at Dong Fu's place pretending to be drunk. Every day he would come and tease Dong Fu until the other person would lock himself in his room with his face flushed. His cute expressions made Liang happy.

Earlier Dong Fu used to try and flirt with him, but that wasn't the case anymore. He couldn't act that way, knowing that the other person was drunk. He didn't want to take advantage of the other person's confused state of mind. Little did he know that the other person was a better actor than he had thought.

After the new year, Liang had some shoots to finish so he had to fly to Hong Kong. Before leaving he came to see Dong Fu. Sam saw the look in the taller man's eyes. He was not an idiot.

After he was gone, he teased Dong Fu, "Since when the two of you get close?"

"Get close to me? More like he got close to your dog. He would come back to my house every night drunk and keep saying he missed Gold." Dong Fu frowned. "Even a dog is acceptable, but not me. Do you see how this hurts me?"

Sam sighed inwardly, this man was a pro when it came to solving business problems. But his own love life was jumbled. Liang didn't miss his Gold but someone else in particular. He wanted to inform Dong Fu, but on second thought he gave up.

After a week, captain Ma Yo contacted Dong Fu. He didn't inform anything about the murder case. The captain picked him up at his company. Dong Fu informed Sam he was going to search the storage unit. Sam felt relieved that captain Ma Yo was going to accompany him.

Ma Yo wanted to rush his investigation. Another murder took place on the new year's night. It was all the same, the phone call arrived at six am, the man asked for help. His body had no skin left except for his face.

The medical examiner found a similarity between the three victims. They found some sort of chemical injected into their bodies. It was a new chemical and they didn't know how it had affected the victims. They had sent it to the laboratory for further research.

Ma Yo and Dong Fu reached the fishing docks. There was a huge storage unit facility near the docks. There would be at least four hundred units there, there were also containers outside.

Dong Fu had a key which had a number written on it. The big luggage elevator took the two men to the third floor. Dong Fu unlocked unit number 303. He raised his eyebrows looking at what it held. It was packed with boxes, some trunks and a a rectangular shaped thing covered in a cloth. It would take a day for Dong Fu to sort this out if he went through everything in detailed.

Ma Yogaze shifted to a small blinking light in the upper corner. "You installed a camera?" He asked Dong Fu.

Dong Fu looked at the upper corner, "How am I supposed to know that? But shouldn't it be connected somewhere? There is nothing connected to my old laptop." Dong Fu ignored Ma Yo's reaction and started going through the boxes.

The captain's eyes narrowed and he immediately sent a text message to someone. He didn't know what would Feng Sui's warehouse unit would hold. So, he had prepared a backup team in advance. The camera was blinking lights, that meant it was working. It was sending its feed somewhere. He asked his team to track it. He didn't think Dong Fu had anything to do with it, but he could always take precautions.

Dong Fu had visited Ling Xiao before the new year with some gifts. According to what Ling Xiao had mentioned, Feng Sui loved reading science books. He first concentrated on finding those books. He felt Ling Xiao was trying to leave some clues behind.