Chapter 6

Edited by @crazycharacter15

***

Fahad P.O.V

The day went smoothly. I was delighted because we are friends now. And the best part is that she forgave me. I was thinking about her when the door opened. I noticed my mom standing near the door. She came and sat in front of me.

"Assalamu alaikum Ammi," I said to her.

"Walaikum Assalam Fahad," she responded strongly.

"Fahad listens, I will talk to the point and listen to me attentively," mom said. I got scared because she looked dissatisfied with me.

"Isha is an amazing girl. She is a beautiful and intelligent woman. But what you did in the morning was disgraceful. I was furious with you. I overheard your conversation with Isha. It disheartened me. But when you take her to the ice cream parlor to apologize, I was glad that you are making up for your mistakes. She is a very decent girl. Please, never upset her. Although women are strong, deep down every woman wants a husband who loves her, cares for her, and respects her throughout her entire life. Always remember if you will respect girl, she will always love you," Ammi said to me with a dissatisfied look.

I nodded my head in silence, and mom left my room.

I was figuring out what my mom said. I was disappointed with myself. She is a beautiful girl with a lovely soul. She deserves a man who will love her and respect her entire life. But I don't think I deserve her. If she marries me, she will not be happy. I am not a perfect person. No one knows me. I am sometimes rude, and this is a particularly dangerous side of me. She knows a good part of me but didn't saw my anger and harsh side. I do like her from the moment I set my eyes on her. Her simplicity enhanced her grace. She deserves to live a decent life. I will sacrifice my love for her. So that she can live a good life. Maybe when she will marry some other person, I will forget her. I like her, there is no doubt. But I am sure she will not be happy marrying me. I will not marry her. If I will be rude to her, then she will surely hate me. It will not be easy for me to let go of her. But I am sorry, Isha, I have to do this for your happiness.

******

It was dawn, and I woke up with the beeping sound of my alarm. I took a bath and wore my business attire. I went to have my breakfast. As I went into the dining room, everybody was enjoying breakfast. Elders are nowhere to be seen. I took a seat and called Hania to prepare my breakfast. I was drinking my orange juice as my eyes traveled towards Isha. She was looking beautiful as always. I put all my focus on the juice ignoring her presence. She seated herself in front of me.

"I have made breakfast for you, Fahad," she said, having love in her voice. I flinched at her soft voice.

"I am not hungry. I don't want to eat anything," I replied as harshly as I can.

"Bhai (brother), she specially made it for you.", Hania said to me.

My heart softens. I was ecstatic that she cooked it for me. But I can't eat it.

"I said that I don't want to eat anything, I am not hungry, "I said raising my voice.

I saw pain and hurt in her eyes. I don't want to be hard on her. But I can't do anything.

"Don't worry, Ishu, I will eat it. It's looking so tasty," Rahil spoke to her smilingly.

Why the hell is he smiling at her?