Chapter 20

Islam has raised the status
of the women so high,
that Heaven lies beneath
her feet.

--halal quotes.

********

Fahad P.O.V

It was almost 11:00 pm when I reached my home. As I entered the house, I saw her sitting on the sofa. She is waiting for me. She is busy on her mobile that she didn't notice me. I fake clear a throat and she looks at me. She smiled brightly and came towards me.

"Assalam o Alaikum begum Sahiba ", I said smiling at her. The crimson color was formed on her cheeks.

"Walaikum Assalam ", she replied blushing deeply.
I pulled her towards me. My hands were on her waist.

"You were waiting for me?" I asked huskily.
She nodded her head and hide her face in my chest. I chuckled lowly and she hit my chest. I push her hair locks behind her ears and pressed my lips on her forehead. She suddenly released herself from my grip.

" I have prepared a dinner for you ", she said excitedly.

"Really? " I asked her. She nodded her head.

I put my coat on the chair and rolled up the sleeves of my white shirt.

I wash my hands and she served me food which was covered with a plate.

"It's my first time cooking the dinner", she instructed me and uncovered the food. I nodded my head and sat on the chair.
I was shocked to see the food. Ya Allah, what is this? Rice is slightly burned and the presentation was not at all good.

"Fahad, it's Tawa pulao ", she reminded me. I look at her with a horrified expression.

But why does it look like jala (burn) pulao?

"I know the presentation is not good enough but I can assure you that taste is amazing ", she said trying to assure me.

I took a deep breath and she put a spoon full of rice in my mouth. Rice was burned and it's very salty. This is not edible at all. I coughed loudly and she caressed my back.

"How's it? " she asks me with hope in her eyes.

"It's so unique. I bet that no one can cook like that. You are so talented ", I said praising her in a sarcastic tone.

She smiled at me and said,

" I know right. Ya Allah, I am so talented ".

I rolled my eyes and pass a spoonful of rice in her mouth. She took a bite and her expression changed. Now it's time to eat what you had cooked. She put her palm on the mouth and ran to the washroom. I burst into laughter.

She came back and she had a poker face. She was staring at me. She bites her lips and there was guilt in her eyes. My heart sank.

" I am sorry Fahad. It is not up to your expectations. I am worst at cooking ", she said in a low voice.

"Babe, it doesn't matter to me how does it taste. You have made it that's why it is very special for me. You took an effort to make it for me is enough to make me happy. I love you ", I said caressing her cheeks. She smiled and kissed my palm.