Chapter 36

Women can't change a man
because she loves him.
A man changes himself because
he loves her.

~Steve Harvey.

***********

Isha P.O.V

I quickly prepared the coffee and gave it to her. What should I make for lunch? I don't even know how to start. I start searching for the recipes on YouTube. I open the cabinet to search for the container of spices. But all look the same.

I sat on the chair defeated. I was never interested in preparing food. I never concentrate on it but I am regretting it. Tears were welled up in my eyes. What should I do now? What if I am unable to prepare lunch, they will judge my mom's upbringing.

I never felt so bad in my entire life. I am so irresponsible. I was feeling so guilty. I hide my face between my hands to control my tears.

" Isha meri Jaan, why are you crying ", I heard Fahad low voice.
I lifted my head and saw him staring at me with a concerned look on his face. I tightly hugged him.

He rubbed my back to calm me. My tears were soaked in his shirt.

"Are you crying just because you don't know how to cook food? " He asked cupping my cheeks.

I nodded my head and said,

"I am good for nothing. I don't even know how I will cook. I never tried to learn anything and I am regretting now. I am so unsuccessful", I said crying my heart out in his chest.

" My baby, No can judge you. No one has this right. No one is perfect in this world. Everyone has flaws. You are a beautiful person with a beautiful heart and a soul. If you don't know cooking that doesn't mean that you are not good enough for me. I want a wife, not a cook ", He explained to me.

I nodded my head with a hiccup.

" Don't cry now. We will make something together. Wash your face and drink a glass of water. You will feel better ", He said wiping my tears.

I nodded my head and went to our room. I wash my face and tied my hair into a braid. I went to the kitchen and saw Fahad had removed all ingredients.

" So what are we going to make? " I asked rubbing my hands in excitement.

" I will make Chicken fry steak and fruit trifle. You just sit here and stare at your handsome husband ", He ordered me.

I chuckled at his words.

" It doesn't felt right Fahad. Will you please direct me on how to do it and I will make it? Please ", I said showing my best innocent face.

" Fine ", he huffed.

I wore an apron and took a deep breath.

" This is a marinated chicken. You have to coat it with egg and breadcrumbs. Then you have deep fry it. Then you have to pour cream sauce above it ", He instructed me.

I exactly do what he instructed me. It turned out very crunchy and tasty.

" You have done it very well. I am proud of you baby ", He said pulling my cheeks.

We are also done with fruit trifle which turns out very well. I also learn how to use whip cream. I also decorate it with different types of fruits.

After the food was done, I tiredly sat on the table.

" Thank you for helping me. It wouldn't be possible without you ", I said putting my hand around his neck.

He pulled me closer by my waist.