Chapter 31

The smallest step in the right direction
can turn out to be the biggest
step of your life.

*******

Isha P.O.V

"Wake up Isha or I am going to splash a bucket of water on your face ", Abiha said snapping me out of my sleep. I opened my eyes and saw her threatening glare at me. What she is up to? I look at the clock and I was beyond shock. It's 10: 00 pm in the morning. How can I wake up so late?

"The henna designer has already come. Many guests are also waiting for you to come ", She said glaring at me.

I sat on my bed folding my comforter. She snatched it from my hand and said,

" Leave it to me. Go and get ready. I have already iron your cloth and put in your wardrobe ".

" You are so sweet ", I said pulling her cheek.

"If you won't come downstairs in fifteen minutes, aunt won't spare you ", she threatened me.

I quickly went to the bathroom to get a shower.

********

After the long shower, I put on my mehndi green color suit. The suit was sleeveless as I have to apply henna. I put on my Kundan jhumka and applied a maroon color lipstick. I put my dark green color dupatta around my neck and tied my hair into a braid.

As I went downstairs, everyone's eyes were on me. I was feeling nervous as everyone was eyeing me. Minal took hold of my hand and led to the couch. There was two professional henna designer sitting with a bright smile on their face.

I greeted them with a smile on my face.

I sat on the couch with two designers by my side.

" What type of henna you want on your hand? And until where you want your henna design? " The henna designer asked me with a smile.

"I want it very simple and I want my henna design only on my palm. I don't like henna all over my hand ", I remind her.

She gave me a weird look. I look at another henna designer who was also giving me a puzzled look.

Did I say anything wrong?

" Don't listen to her. Apply henna all over the hand. The delicate design should be there. The design must be unique and different", Abiha said coming out of nowhere with another lady. She was glaring at me. They started designing the henna on my hand and I was feeling very ticklish. I was badly trying not to laugh.

"Isha, do you want a simple design on your feet? " Abiha asked.

"What? Who applies henna on feet? I swear I won't do it in a million years", I said glaring into her eyes.

" You are the bride and you have to oblige whatever I say you ", she said glaring into me.

She turns towards that lady and said,

" Keep the henna simple on her feet ".

She nodded her head and started designing it. Eww..who applied henna on feet?

I was feeling ticklish as the design was made on my hands. I couldn't help but laugh. The henna designer gave me a weird look.

Hania came towards me and put a cushion on my back. She understands what I want right now. She pushed all my hair backward.

" Your henna design is really beautiful", Hania compliment.

I nodded my head as my eyes were searching for Fahad. Where is he?