Chapter 42

Sometimes you put walls up not to
keep people out
but to see who cares enough to
break them down.

-Socrates

*************

Isha P.O.V

"It was quite unexpected that you get along with Evan very well. Usually, you become very possessive, then why the sudden change? " I asked him as we were walking on the beach barefoot.

The cold wind breeze hit my face making me close my eyes at the peaceful and calm nature. To be honest, I never like crowded places. I like to be in a place where there should be a peaceful and calm nature.

"I don't get possessive unnecessarily. I know very well that he understands like a friend and nothing more. So, there is no need to be possessive in front of him ", He said keeping his hands on my waist.

" I never know that you like me for so many years ", He said smirking at me.

Abiha and Evan, they both don't know how to shut their mouth.

" It's not like that ", I said in a hesitant tone.

I freed myself from his grip and run away.

" Catch me if you can ", I said running fastly.

"Isha, you can't run away from me ", He said running after me.

"I will ", I said as my giggling voice erupted all over the place.

I turned around and there was no trace of Fahad. My eyes were searching for him.

I turned around and saw Fahad lifting me. A smile etched across my face as my eyes met his. He was looking so lively and handsome.

He spins me around and our laughing erupted in the whole place. There was happiness and love vibrating all around us.

" You don't have an idea of how happy I am with you. You just bought a color in my life", He said as we sat on the bench.

The climate was so beautiful. Sun was setting down and there was a beautiful calmness all around. The color of the sky was so beautiful. Birds were chirping and there was sudden peace in my heart. I am so happy right now. I was in Fahad arms enjoying this beautiful moment.

"You make my life so beautiful ", I said playing with his shirt button.

" You are the most beautiful gift that Allah had given me. You are so pure and innocent. I don't have a word to describe what I felt for you. You will be forever mine no matter what ", He said tightly hugging me.

Something flash in his eyes. I don't have a word to describe what was that. But you can say I saw a hint of fear in his eyes. The way he was tightly holding me speaks something different.

" I won't ever leave you ", I said looking into my eyes.

" Do you promise me that you will not leave me alone no matter what the situation is? " He asked looking into my eyes.

" I promise that I will not leave you to matter what the situation is ", I said looking into his eyes.

Who knows that we were both going to break the promise?

**************

I was awake from my deep slumber. I opened my eyes and saw Fahad buttoning up his white shirt.

" Good morning ", He said smiling at me.

" Good morning. Are you going to another meeting? " I asked as I comb my hair with my fingers.