Chapter 47

Perfection is found in accepting
your imperfections.

~Bridgett.

************

Azeem P.O.V

I knock on the door twice as the door creaked open. I saw Minal sitting on the bed while her books were scattered around her bed. She was pressing the pen between her lips. Her brown hair was falling freely. She was wearing a red color frock and blue jeans. The sight of her was making my heart beat faster.

She lifted her gaze up and she pushes all her book aside.

"Do you want anything?" she asked pushing the hair locks behind her ear.

My eyes were glued to her action.

"Huh, yeah. I want to give you this ", I said passing her the brown bag.

She took it from me and smile happily.

" When you come to the terrace at night, please wear it ", I said with a smile.

" Thank you, Azeem. It's really beautiful. You are an amazing human being ", she said while her hands were caressing the fabric of the cloth.

" That I am. Listen, I will confess to you something which is very important. Please don't hurt me ", I said to her with a weak smile.

She looks at me with a confused expression and nodded her head.

I went out of her room as my heart was beating rapidly. I went to my room and sat on my bed. I open the buttons of my shirt as I was feeling suffocated. What if she will reject me? But she told herself that she likes me. I open the drawer and took a blue velvet box. I opened the box and saw the diamond ring which I will give her today.

If she won't agree to this, I won't able to pretend like I am all fine. But if I will propose and she will agree, I will be the happiest man alive. If I won't propose her today, I will regret it in my whole life.

My fingers went to the structure of the ring. It was a delicate yet elegant one. It was the way she likes. I am just hoping that she won't reject my proposal today.

**************

I have not taken much effort. I just decorated a terrace with golden fairy lights It was a full moon night and the stars are twinkling beautifully. I look at the bouquet of red roses in front of me. I just bought fresh flowers for her.

For the first time, I took an effort in getting ready. I was wearing my white shirt with a black leather jacket and my black ripped jeans.

I heard the clicking sound and my eyes went to the door of the terrace. She was standing there with hesitation on her face. She was wearing so beautiful in her navy blue color dress that I had given her. She was wearing a silver earring and a bracelet in her hand. She was not wearing any makeup but she still looks so beautiful. Her brown hair was curled making her more beautiful.

" Azeem ", she muttered looking around the terrace.

She came towards me as her eyes went to the rose bouquet in my hand. I gave it to her and she hesitantly took it from me.