Chapter 24

A loyal woman is one of the greatest things a
man can have in his life. But it
takes a real man to realize that.

--Unknown

*********

Isha P. O. V

What is my fault in this?

I am tired of his overprotectiveness.

"Abiha has made everything clear. Why are you asking me? " I fired back.

"Because I am just tired. Why everyone has their freaking eyes on you? Didn't they know that you are mine ", he snapped angrily.

" He proposed to me before our marriage ", I corrected him.

His eyes were bloodshot red and his jaw was clenched.

"Does it look I care? He dares to propose my wife ", he said clenching his jaw.

"Don't you trust me?" I asked him as a sob escaped lips. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Do you want me to trust you? You are keeping things away from me and you want me to trust you blindly ", he snapped at me.
Trust is the foundation of every relationship but we don't have it.

"I am just done with..... ", he trailed me off by smashing his lips on mine. He bit my lower lip and suck it harshly. His hold on my waist tighten. I could feel his heartbeat which was beating rapidly.

" I dare you to complete the sentence", he challenged me.
I was not able to utter a word because of the closeness. His forehead was rested on mine. His chest was heaving up and down. Why our relationship is so messed up?

"Why don't you trust me? " I asked crying my heart out in his chest.

He caressed my back and peck my lips.
He took a deep breath and said,

"You don't have an idea of what I feel. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Before meeting you, I was miserable. I was aimless. You are the most important person in my life. Please don't leave me. Do you know what's my biggest fear? "

I shook my head and he continued,

"Fear of losing you, fear that you will leave me one day. Whenever I think of my life without you, it seems meaningless. I love you the most in the world. You are the most beautiful, amazing, and perfect partner a man can ever have. I know very well that I am not a good husband for you but I am very selfish when it comes to you. Please promise me that you will not ever leave me".

My vision was blurred to tears in my eyes. I can never get a partner like him. He kissed my forehead and then both my cheeks. I can sense the tears in his eyes.

"I am sorry ", he said in his broken voice.
I hugged him tightly burying my face in his chest. I could sense his muscles tensed up.

"I love you the most ", he said burying his head into my hair.

" I won't ever leave you", I said clutching his shirt.

He captured my lips into a passionate kiss as a promise binding between both of us. For the very first time, I am seeing the different side of Fahad.

He pecked my forehead and wiped my tears.

" I know I am being overprotective but I can't help it ", he said admitting his mistake.

" It's okay. No one is perfect and I am also really sorry. I was rude to you and I was unable to understand your protectiveness ", I said putting my head on his chest.