1💜3

"I found a snail shell," Team said smiling. He had settled down with Win after a wild day of swimming and playing in the water. They were wearing their shirts and they sat in sand gazing at the beauty of the red sky kissing the waters in the horizon.

"You're lucky huh."

Team nodded. He inhaled deeply and looked away.
"Ever since I came here, I'm reminded of my home town. I never thought I'd leave my place. I had a lot of friends back home. Do you normally feel that way?" Team tossed the shell into the water

"Yes."

"Everything fell apart when I lost my best friend. And my mother sent me here to begin afresh."

Win listened closely. He too had his stories. Maybe he should share.
"One time I had an arm injury," Win cut in. He tapped his right forearm. "Just before the national swimming Competition last two years. My father kept pushing me. I had to practice and perform with the injury. He never knew I was injured. I took the bronze medal and he hated me for that."

"Really?"

Win nodded warmly and blinked. The wind silently grazed his face and his blonde curls.

"How did you recover so quickly? I mean your body look so perfect."

Win's heart leaped for joy hearing that. He leaned closer to the boy. "Say that again."

"No..." He playfully pushed Win away. "But it's true in a way. I feel like I already failed before I started anything."

Win shrugged. "Team, you're not weak. Hard work, it's all that matters now."

"Hard work?"

"Mmm."

Win faced the boy who was still looking at the sea. He didn't want this moment to end. What if he declares his interest in the boy, will he be rejected? Maybe he should take his time and not rush the boy.

"So what am I to you? A friend? Coach? Boyfriend?" Win teased.

"Ahh P..." Team chuckled. "I will prefer you be my coach. My swimming coach."

"So what's the price you're willing to pay for swimming?"

"My sweat!" Team replied. "I will make it up to you by swimming harder and becoming the best."

"Say it like you mean it!"

"I will swim harder and become the best!" Team yelled into the air.

Win was glad the soft smile returned to the boy's face.
"I'm ready to go to any length with you until you reach your dream." Win held out his hand.

Team glanced at the welcoming hand. "P..." he shook his senior's hand.

"That's my way of showing how much I love you."

******

"He said that!" Manow exclaimed.

"Yes, loud and clear, I don't even know what that means," Team said. He ran his hands through his hair. He literally just finished telling his friends the last words Win said to him. He just needed a simple explanation on what he meant.

"Maybe he is trying to show that he has an interest, you know..." Manow gestured in the air.

"Interest? So is it different from saying I love you directly."

"No no. I mean yes... No wait. They're the same in a way," Manow said roving her hands through her itchy hair.

"What are you guys are getting confused about," Pharm announced as he served his two friends a plate of noodles each. The spicy aroma of chicken noodles filled the room.

"This looks delicious Pharm wow!" Manow exclaimed. She started eating almost immediately.

"I think P'Win talks about you a lot," Pharm said.

"How do you know?" Team asked.

"P'Dean tells me sometimes what they discuss in the locker room."

"Ooii... Those guys gossip about me too," Team raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Yes just a little," Pharm smiled as he sat beside Team.

"I'm dead."

"So did you have fun?" Pharm asked.

Team nodded as he stuffed noodles in his mouth.

"What do you think of P, what if he really likes you, will you want to date him?"

"Team?" Manow cut in. "Is P'Win someone you can love?"

"Err..." Team paused. He looked at his two friends like they said something terrible. He was trying to find answers here but they end up asking him more questions.

He recalled Win's last words to him.

That's my way of showing how much I love you.

And Pharm's logical question...

What do you think of P, what if he really likes you will you want to date him?

And Manow...

Is P'Win someone you can love?