ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰

ɴᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɴɴᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ɪꜱ 17 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴏᴡɴ. ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ɴᴏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʟʟᴇɴ, ᴀᴋᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟʏᴍᴘɪᴄ ᴄᴏᴠᴇɴ.

ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴅɪᴀʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɴꜱʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ꜱᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ. ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴀɴɴᴀʟɪꜱᴇ'ꜱ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏɴᴇ, ꜱᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ꜱʜɪᴛᴛʏ ɢᴏᴏɢʟᴇ ᴛʀᴀɴꜱʟᴀᴛᴇ.

There was little to no human food at the Volturi ball, as was to be expected when you consider the fact that none of the people there were humans who would eat human food. Although, they did order a blood fountain, just to be fancy. I wouldn't drink from that, I would be an idiot to try and drink human blood as a human myself. That damn fountain was probably just to show off. Aro and his dramatics as usual.

Even before I had become a part of the coven, Alice had told me about the lavish parties that the Volturi would throw once every few decades. The last ball of this size was in the 50s, where the Volturi even started to take pictures with the guests, marvelling at what humans could invent in their free time.

While the Volturi did not hold as much value for human life as the Cullens, they did use many of their inventions around the castle. I had even seen Jane with a phone and some earbuds in her ears. With everyone's super hearing, it was best for the vampires to use noise cancelling earbuds. The music seemed to calm her down and make her smile. Alec had even taken one of the buds and listened to the same music as his twin, not without some fuss from Jane of course, as he had taken one of her precious earbuds out.

Out of the entire guard, Jane and Alec were the most feared by outsiders. The tales of the two of them reaching vampires all over the world. I could see how Jane's ability to cause pure torture would be frightening, even to vampires. Even if she could not kill a vampire with her ability, she could easily render someone immoble enough to rip their limbs off and throw them in a pyre.

Alec, while much quieter than his twin, was still just as feared as Jane. His ability to deprive you of all senses is frightening. They came as a pair, never being away from one another for long. I had heard their story from Aro, who had been the one to save them from their deaths. Burned at the stake, they had been. Jane held more hatred for humans than her brother, but I could still see that he held a certain disdain for humanity. The two of them had every right to hate human beings after what they had done to them. Humans as a whole try to kill anyone who looks, sounds, or acts different from them. They had been turned so young and had gone through so much in their human life. Aro clearly thought of them as his own children, spoiling them rotten and giving them whatever they pleased.

Most of the people who had shown up to the ball had a certain sense of regality to them. None of them were new vampires and spoke older versions of languages that I could not decipher. While I could understand the old French and Italian, the Yiddish was where they caught me by surprise. I had never learned German or Hebrew, even if they had been offered to me. I never thought that I would find anyone who spoke the damn language. I mean, who still speaks Yiddish besides someone's bubby?

Almost out of my hearing range, I could hear a few people speaking Greek. It was still unknown to my mate that I spoke the language. The language, while I never actually thought I would use it in a normal conversation, caught my eye. During the last year, I had learned it. A new series had come out, Percy Jackson, that focused on the demigod offspring of the gods and goddesses. I was already obsessed the second I read the first page. I had gotten into an obsession, learning greek and studying the greek gods in my free time.