ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²¹

ᴀʜʜʜ ꜱᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴜꜰꜰ. ꜰᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴇᴅᴡᴀʀᴅ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴅᴜᴍʙᴀꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴏ.

A feral roar ripped itself out of my mouth as I saw the boy attack one of the loves of my life. My mate, my equal, my perfect match. Normally I was not super possessive and dominant when it came to any of my mates. But this was no normal time.

Normally, Edward Cullen was not attacking my mate.

Caius managed to dodge the first attack with ease. Carlisle didn't have any time to react before I used my newborn strength and ripped off my former friend's arms clean off. The crackling sound boomed through the stretch of land. The Olympic Coven gasped as they heard him cry out in pain.

I was still so angry. What right? I'll fucking kill you, Edward! I knew that he could hear me as I rendered him completely immoble, throwing his arms on the ground before ripping off his legs as well. It must have hurt like a bitch, but I didn't care. Nobody would attack my mate and get away with it. Even if he hadn't actually done any damage to Caius, my inner vampire was in a frenzy.

With anger in my heart, I punched Edward in the face. I punched him over and over again until cracks were all over his face. The rest of the Cullens and even the guard looked at the scene in horror.

When I moved back from him, ready to take off his head, I heard crying coming from Bella. I growl at her and get ready to take off his head.

"Do something, Carlisle!" the girl cried out to the coven leader before turning to Jacob, who is getting ready to shift.

"If you shift I will rip you limb from limb!" Caius shouts at Jacob, who takes a step back. My mate comes closer to me. I don't even bother to look at him, ready to kill the man who dared attack my mate, one of the three kings of the vampires. Caius took a hold of my shoulders and held me back from attacking Edward, which had become my main priority.

My emotions were in control. I didn't care that killing Edward could hurt the people that I cared about. He had tried to hurt what was mine and that was a crime punishable by death. Even if it was the newborn strength and lack of emotional control, I just wanted him dead.

I cried out under Caius' grasp, not really trying that hard to get out. I couldn't hurt him. I would never hurt my mate. I love him. I would never hurt someone that I love. Flinging my arms, I whined at Caius who shook his head at me.

"Cara mia, he is not worth it. You will regret killing him later," Caius tries to quell my anger. I shake my head violently, disagreeing. No I won't! I want him dead! I want to be the one to kill his stupid animal eating ass! I want to watch him burn! "Il mio amore, please, you're scaring everyone."

"No!" I shouted, "He tried to hurt you! I will never forgive him for this! He deserves to die!"

The Cullen patriarch looked at me with sympathy before running back to his mate, who was shaking in fear at my outburst. I didn't care at the moment that people were scared of me. I hate you, Edward. I hate you so much. You tried to take away my mate! Fuck you. Fuck you. I hope that you die. I hope that you break a law. I want you dead!

"My love," my mate says in English, "I am okay. Annalise, please do not kill the stupid child. You may not be upset that he has died, but you will be upset that you hurt his family later."

I stop thrashing and take a good look at the group of vampires and the one lone shifter. They were afraid of me. The group had never been less powerful than myself. I was a newborn. Vampires as young as myself were dangerous.