ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁵

ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ⁴⁵ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʀᴜᴍᴘ-ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴅɪᴇꜱ ɴᴏ ᴄᴀᴘ. ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ꜱɪx ꜰᴇᴇᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ.

ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ: ᴅɪꜱᴛɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ? ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ. ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ. ɪ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀʀᴛʜᴇꜱᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴘᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡᴀꜱ 50ᴋ.

ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ-

All of our effort during the day and night was put in making sure that the party was going to be a success and that Helios was comfortable. He would be meeting other hybrids for the first time and the last thing that I would want is for him to not feel good in their presence. As the first hybrid with a gift, and the second male hybrid ever, he would have quite a reputation to live up to. The Volturi were known for being quite dominating.

Our son has grown up with people that would not fit the descriptions of how other covens perceive us. Cold and sometimes cruel, other people did not know the real us that we only showed to our covenmates and a few of our close allies.

The Volturi were an unstoppable force. That did not mean that we were corrupt, just that we had enough power to wipe out the remains of a coven if truly necessary. I hoped that it would not come to a battle, but knowing who was on the other side, I couldn't erase it from one of the many possible outcomes.

Preparations included getting a count of who was on our side. We knew that we had to not invite the people that they had on their side. It would make the surprise less worth it. Plus, they would tell Alice that she had seen things wrong and that other covens were in fact going to be there.

Alice's gift being faulty right now would be their downfall. Maeve had made sure that she could not see the true outcome. How she had the power to do that, I had no idea. She wouldn't tell me more about what exactly she was and how my own gift worked. Constantly dodging questions with information on the party and the other covens, I had stopped asking her. She clearly wasn't going to tell me just yet. It was better to keep her happy.

Unfortunately, the existence of hybrids puts human women in danger. Joham would have to stop his experiments with human women. Putting our kind in danger like that was ridiculous and the fact that three of these women had already died before giving birth was a telling sign that vampires and humans still were not meant to procreate.

Now that the Volturi knew about the hybrids, his children would have less isolation from the rest of the vampire community. While neither here nor there, hybrids would have to follow the same laws as full immortals, since integration was impossible. Having the other fully grown hybrids could help Helios find some peace in what he is. Seeing all of his siblings as only half of him must be stressful.

Helios had stopped aging quite as rapidly, now at a steady pace. Yes, he was aging so much quicker, but it was not ridiculous. My son looked to be about eight and often clung to his siblings like glue. All of my mates had taken on the job of being his father. It was a job that they took very seriously. Caius had to get used to the little ball of sunshine, but now they were as thick as thieves, often finding themselves pulling pranks on Marcus and Aro, who did the same with the young child as well.