ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁴

ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ɪɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ! ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ! ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ɴɪᴄᴇ ɪᴍᴏ.

ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʀᴏ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜱʜᴇᴇɴ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴏʟᴅ-

Sometimes I really did like to play with fire. What I was handling right now could not be told in any which way. No, this truly was the story of my lifetime. I was doing something that no other person had. We were about to fool the entire vampire community.

Who could say that they have done that?

I could either make it or break it. This was everyone's first impression of me as a vampire. My coven knew how I layed down the law, but what of the rest of the world? They didn't know how I operated. Nobody knew the inner workings of what made me tick.

Nobody but my mates.

The tension was building inside of the Volturi once again as we prepared for our march on Forks, Washington. Things were going to be different this time. We would have an audience waiting for us when we got there, ready to see the Volturi in action. Our allies would step in if it did turn violent. People aren't allowed to attack during trials unless attacked first. The Olympic Coven would be stupid to think that we would break our own rules.

Alice is trying to play it like you are all going to attack. She can see that you will be coming. She knows the date. Her visions are still a bit blurry. Not only can she not see what exactly gets said, she cannot see everyone that is on our side. She thinks that we are coming alone, that there will not be any other covens to witness this. I do have to say that this may be because of me. I make sure that all of you are shielded against her the best that I can.

How do you shield me? Let's just say that I have a few tricks up my sleeve, Anna. I mean, I am here to make sure that you get the best possible outcome for you and your family. Alice has to choose for herself what the best outcome will be. It is her fatal flaw as she fixates on what one outcome could mean.

Maeve's brief explanation still didn't make much sense to me. She always sounded like she wasn't even a part of my own mind, but a mind of her own. Had my gift really just made a split personality that somehow knew everything that I needed to know? I mean, Maeve didn't have to tell me things. That information was hers to give. Yes, she almost always gave it to me, but she held the reins.

I had been trying to make sense of some of her cryptic messages, but I couldn't for the life of me understand.

It didn't matter right now. Right now I had to run a coven and prepare for the biggest fuck you in all of vampire history. We were going to make them look like morons in front of their friends and allies.

That is what happens when you mess with the Volturi. You may get out alive.

But your reputation won't.

__________________________________________________

Figuring out how much blood we needed to get for the afterparty was quite the chore. Not only did we have to account for human blood, we would need to account for animal blood as well. Everyone would be invited to the party.

Well, everyone but Edward, Bella, and Alice. Their kid could come if she wanted to, but I doubt that Edward's ego would allow him to let her have a good time with us.