ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁰

ᴀʜʜʜʜʜ! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁰! ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡʀᴀᴘ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ¹⁹ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ! ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀꜱ ᴡᴇʟʟ! ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ, ꜱᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ!

ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ.

ʟᴇɢɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ʜᴀʟꜰ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʏᴇꜱᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴀʟꜰ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ꜱᴏ ᴡʜᴏᴏᴘꜱ-

The next day had been one of great joy for the entire Volturi. While so many vampires were waiting for their trials, we allowed ourselves to have some alone time with the new baby, giving him a chance to get to know his new siblings. All of our Coven opened up to the prospects of having a little one running around the castle. They might have picked up on the fact that Aro and Marcus could not get their slimy little hands off of the baby as well.

Upsetting the two of them would mean destruction.

"So are you going to just sit there and hold your brother or are you going to help?" Caius sneers at Jane, who was happily holding Helios, who was very much happy to be held by her. The blonde girl gave Caius a bitchy look before nodding. My blonde mate growls and storms off to some unknown place. Oh, who was I kidding, he was probably going to cool down in the nest. Just the usual in the Volturi household.

"Is he going to keep on denying the fact that he loves Helios or is he going to start to cuddle him like you and dad do?" Alec asks from the other corner of the room, bringing his sister and Helios blood bags. The two of them drink up, both thanking him in their own ways.

"Most likely the first option for the next few hours and after that the second. He can't deny that his son is the cutest thing that has ever come into existence," I silently swoon as Helios waves his hands at me, almost as if he was trying to call me over to him.

"That is impossible, tesoro, you exist. Two cannot be at the top," Marcus argues, speeding to my side, handing me a letter.

"Who is still sending me letters?" I question.

"Likely Carlisle. He always sends letters. I don't think the man will ever truly get used to just calling us when he wants to speak," Marcus says.

I opened up the message, which was in fact addressed to me, from Carlisle. Does he always write the Volturi in Italian? Is this going to be the norm? Likely. Can't you give me a clear cut answer on this one? Nothing is clear cut when it comes to the future. You sound like Alice now. Don't compare me to her. Okay then, oh pushy one.

To my dearest Queen,

I would like to formally apologize for the actions of my son and sired, Edward Cullen. I will be forever grateful to you and your mate, our king, for not choosing to kill him for his treasonous act. While our relations may be strained at the moment, I do hope that things will be better in the future. I would not wish to see any more secrets between us.

For the longest time I have wished to meet a person such as yourself. Even through everything, you have powered through. No, this is not me filling your ego in order to save my own skin. I am just afraid that the harsh words that Edward has spoken to you, while untrue, could someday hit you emotionally the way that you hit him in the face.