ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁰

ᴏᴍɢ ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20! ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ. ᴡᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴋɪɴɢꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴꜰɪɴɪᴛᴇ ʙʟɪꜱꜱ (ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ: ɪɴꜰɪɴɪᴛᴇ ʙʟɪꜱꜱ, ᴇᴜᴘʜᴏʀɪᴀ, ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ ɴɪɴᴇ). ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴀʏɪɴɢ ʙʏ ᴡᴇᴀʟʟʜᴏʟᴅᴛʜᴇᴄᴀꜱᴇᴛɢᴛ.

ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴀ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ! ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴡᴇʟʟ! ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄɪꜱᴍ ɪꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ!

ᴊᴀᴄᴏʙ ɪꜱ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʜɪᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏɴᴇ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ. ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ, ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ.

ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴜɢᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟɪᴇꜱ! 3ᴋ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ!

Things had gotten bad in Seattle. While I knew that Edward and Bella would not want to see me, things were getting out of hand. If the Cullens were not getting things done, we would have to come.

Doing just that, we had arrived in Forks, Washington.

Caius had refused to leave my side, thinking that the elite guard was not enough manpower to protect his newborn mate. I didn't mind, the guards and I had gotten close, with them calling me mother and all. In a way, I was like Esme. The leaders of a coven could be seen as a parental figure. It was like that in the Olympic Coven and it was like that in the Volturi.

It was nice to become a surrogate mother since I could not have any children of my own.

"Mother, you must not wander. Caius will be angry if he finds out that I let you slip out of my sight again. You know how he gets with you," Jane reprimands my behavior. I simply smile at her before making my way back to the apartment that I had stayed in for a year before really starting my life.

"Caius will do nothing to any of you. My wandering has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me being a complete airhead," Jane scowls at my self-deprecation.

It would only be an hour before we arrived to meet the Cullens and I had become antsy. I knew that nobody would say anything too bad about my red eyes, nothing that was actually true anyways. They could go on about how I was now some sort of monster due to my choice in diet. Those words would come out of the two people that I had to cut from my heart.

Even after everything, those two still held a place in my heart, no matter how small.

"You should not speak about yourself in that way, mother. The only person who is an airhead in our coven is Afton," I laugh at the small jab to Chelsea's mate. The man truly was the biggest airhead that the vampire world had ever seen. How he survived his newborn stage was unknown.

"He is an airhead, isn't he?" I laugh a little bit harder at the thought of the untamable vampire. While he could be the thickest person in the room sometimes, he was a loyal and fierce friend to anyone who gave him the time to prove himself.

"Dear mother, you have not seen Afton at his dullest moments yet. Even his mate gets infuriated with him at times," Alec walks into the room. Vampire hearing does have its benefits. You all know when you have the go ahead to take a jab at your friend. Yeah, I know that you all think of Afton as your friend, even when you tease him like you do.