ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁸

ꜱᴏ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ¹¹ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ʟᴇꜰᴛ. ᴜᴍ, ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴏ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʟᴜᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ. ᴅᴏ ɪ ʀᴜꜱʜ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ ɪ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇQᴜᴇʟ?

ɪᴍᴍᴀ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇQᴜᴇʟ. ʏᴇꜱ, ᴅɪꜱᴛɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇQᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ.

ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴀᴇᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴀ ʀᴇꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ʏᴇᴛ-

ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ᴀɴɴᴀ'ꜱ ꜱᴀꜱꜱ ɪꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ-

The ties of a coven were important. They are the ties that bind us, that make us whole. A coven is a family filled with different ties. Just for us, we call them our bonds. All of mine have carried me, kept me safe and loved. A bond was what made me a queen.

Such fickle things, bonds. How they could make or break what a person can become is still not only unusual, but magical.

Most of the Cullens had chosen to take on a diet of blood bags instead of feeding on humans directly. I'm pretty sure Rose did it out of pure spite towards Edward and his animal blood supremacy. The only Cullen that stayed with their way of animal blood was Carlisle, who had been given the option to drink from a bag of animal blood instead of having to go out hunting all of the time.

It was the only option that he seemed to take when it came to blood. He said that I was right on extermination animals, that his diet could make creatures go extinct.

That small victory was enough for me.

"Anna," Rose called out from across the hallway. With her newly red eyes, her red lipstick really did match her. "Am I allowed to bake cookies for your son or has Jasper just been doing that behind your back?"

I groaned at the knowledge. I did tell you that he would love cookies. You can't say that I didn't warn ya, Anna. Did you even mean to foreshadow this? Nope, but I knew. And when you know, you know, miss queenliness. You and your random sing songs. I swear, if you are just randomly predicting future songs or musicals I am going to lose it. We may never know until they come out, darling. I hate you sometimes.

"Maeve told me that he would love cookies, but I didn't think that she meant Jasper was going to bake him dozens of cookies!" Rose laughs at my horror. "Bake him the cookies if it means that you can spend time with him. He's half vampire, he can't get heart disease or get fat. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be seen with a fat hybrid child. That would look really bad on my part."

"Hun, I wouldn't want to be the one who made the hybrid fat in the first place," She swings her hair along, "I'll be back in an hour with some sugar cookies! Love you!"

"Love you too!" I replied back, watching as she ran down the hall and into the kitchens. These poor human servants, constantly seeing people go in there to make my child cookies. Hopefully they know that the Cullens don't drink from humans. They don't. I think that Emmett is going to write a note explaining that to them so they stop getting scared when they go in there. Good, they get scared even when I go in there.

Most of our days were spent inside, as we didn't want to risk any exposure of our little boy. Helios did play in the gardens with the twins, but that was because it was cut off with huge ferns and brush. No human or vampire would be able to see him. The way to the outside was also but off and too high for any vampire to jump over. We had made sure that things were secure for the young prince.