ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁵

ꜱᴏ ꜱʜɪᴛ ʜɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɴ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʜ ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ. ᴄᴀʀʟɪꜱʟᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴍᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴏᴋ ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇʟʟᴏᴡ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱʜɪᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ.

Anna's POV:

I couldn't even hold my own as I fell to the concrete ground. I could have sworn that I felt a sharp pain right at my heart, not quite unlike the sharp pain that I felt when I was separated from Caius on the plane. Not able to stand straight, I just curled up on the floor and allowed myself to sob.

What I really was sobbing about remained unknown. Some foreign feelings of absolute depression and loneliness washed over me as I dropped all of my letters and curled up in my own cloak.

Felix rushed over to me, having noticed that something was in fact wrong with me. "Mom! Mom what's wrong?" my covenmate and guard questioned me, pulling the cloak away from my face. I couldn't stop the small sobs that came out of my mouth.

Everything felt physically normal. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was the pull at some unknown bond. I knew it was a bond, it felt similar to my mate bond with my mates, but it was different in its own way, no romance and more like friendship and feelings of home.

"Get-Get Marcus-" I gasp out, my own feelings of utter hysteria taking over.

Felix quickly picks me up and runs me back into the main part of the castle, where Marcus was walking along with Aro, chatting about something in a language I did not recognize. Probably Gaelic, a language that I had been planning to learn and had yet found the time to sit down and get my ass cracking on it.

My mates immediately rushed over to Felix and took him away from me frantically. Their motions were blurred by the tears clouding my vision, unable to spill due to my immortality.

Aro put his hand to my cheek and took in everything that he could, gasping at what he was hearing. I couldn't tell if he was shocked at whatever was pulling at me or what Jasper and Esme had written to me.

"Her bonds!" Marcus exclaims, "Something is up with one of her bonds!"

"Which fucking one, Marcus! She has hundreds at this point!" Aro growled at his soul brother and held me up in his arms, making sure that my sobs landed on his shoulder. "Amore, don't cry. My sweetest Anna, you do not need to cry. Please darling, mio tesoro, do not be sad."

"Felix!" Marcus ordered his guard, "Get Caius out of trial and get him here now. All trials are postponed for the rest of today and for however long it takes Anna's bonds to stop reacting."

"Yes Master," was all that Felix said as he ran down the hall and into the throne room. Only a few seconds later my blonde mate was by my side, frantic as well.

"Anna," he coos into my head as he kisses it. "No, no, my mate do not cry. Please do not cry my sweet. Ti amo, amore. Ti amo tanto, cara mia."

Nothing that any of my mates said could stop the overwhelming anxiety that loomed in my chest. It was like seventh grade all over again. Nothing was right. Something was just plain wrong with the way one of my bonds was acting. Something felt so sad and hurt and worried.

Worst of all, the pain felt so familiar.

"What happened?" Caius questions rapidly, holding my right hand in his. "What happened to our mate?"