ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁸

ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴀᴛ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ꜱᴛᴜꜰꜰ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ. ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀꜰᴛᴏɴ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ. ʟᴏᴠᴇᴀʙʟᴇ ᴀꜱꜱʜᴏʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟᴛᴜʀɪ. ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪꜱɢᴜɪꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ. ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴄᴏᴠᴇɴ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ.

ʙɪᴋɪɴɪ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ :)

So, that was a big fat lie. Things were in fact not going to settle down. In fact, things had never been more chaotic in the Volturi household. Not only was I waiting for letters back from the Cullens, but we had almost seven trials per day. This has been going on for the last two weeks. For some reason, these criminals had been harder to track than usual. Demetri was having a hard time finding their minds amidst the stress and their blocking of his senses with animal and human blood.

These guys must have known they were in deep shit. I mean, they would be right because Demetri would bring them in one at a time and have their trials separately due to this game they were playing. The Romanians were breaking all of the rules and would have to deal with the might of the Volturi.

Akila and Harb were getting used to being on the Elite guard already. I could sense the fear that came off of some of the members of the guard when Harb would use his gift during trials, causing immense pain and fear to come over the criminals of whom's mind he controlled. Akila was able to break the minor shields that would come in. They would never stand a chance against her. She was powerful, and she looked damn good while bursting their bubble.

Most of the guard had begun to make preparations for the abush of a Romanian site that was rumored to have immortal children inside. It was a shame that the children were forced to turn and live such a sad life, but it was even worse that they would have to die. They were just children and were being exploited by those who wished to gain power and status. In a way, they were the same as the people who used to take me in while in the foster care system. They did not care about me, just the money and the power that came with saying they took in a foster child with issues.

The Romanians didn't want the rules not only because they wished for more freedom, they also were clearly sick in the head if they did not agree with the rule about immortal children. Poor kids never got a chance to grow up, to make the choice. None of them are rumored to have gifts, so why? What was the reason? What was the reason?

While I questioned the sanity and motives of the Romanians, Aro was finishing up with the last trial of the day. It was just hard to watch and watch as so many vampires were put down together or one at a time. The guards that were ripping them apart were exhausted. Not physically, but mentally. They needed a break of sorts.

By now it was June and I had been a vampire for a few months. The guards and I have gotten close. Many of the guards have decided that they are going to call me mother instead of queen, which is just so much better for me. I hated feeling like I had so much power inside of my own family. The coven was not just a coven, it was a family of vampires that loved and respected each other.

The rest of the world just can't seem to understand how much we love each other.

"Aro, darling, we need to do something for the guards. We've worked them too much these past two weeks," It was more of a suggestion and less of an order on my part. Aro sighs and nods his head.

"Demetri, please call the rest of the guards to the throne room. Make sure that they know that there are no more trials and that they are not in trouble," Aro tells my personal guard, who smiles and leaves the room without another word.