ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁹

ꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ.

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ. ʟᴇɢɪᴛ ʏᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴇ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ.

ʏᴇꜱ, ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴜᴛ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ.

By the time that we had come back home it was sunset. No trials would be held for over a week in the Volturi castle. All criminals would be held in the dungeons to await their trials. Our allies were also notified that we would be closing our doors for a month or two to give everyone some time to relax and calm down after the extreme battle that the guard had fought. While nobody was permanently lost, many guard members had their limbs detached and some even had their heads torn off. The entire battle could have gone so much worse. I should be more grateful that the Romanians didn't find a way to kill anyone. I don't know what I would do without Demetri. Or Renata. Or Corin. Or Felix.

The second that I got on land I leaped out of Caius' arms and ran to Aro, who was holding Helios in his arms, making sure that he was warm and comfortable, which to my relief he was just that. Letting out a shocked whine, Aro allowed me to take Helios from his arms. My mate whined, wanting more time with his son before his mate scooped him up.

"Il mio amore, I want to hold him as well," my raven-haired mate tried to plead with me. I shook my head, moving towards the castle. Both Marcus and Caius laughed behind me, quite amused that I had taken away my baby from my own mate. "Would you please let me hold him before he gets big?"

I shrug, finding myself ignoring his cries of protest behind me. I smirked as Helios grabbed at my hair, putting it in his mouth, biting at it. Unfortunately, I could smell the venom leaking out of his teeth, proving that he did in fact have venom coming through those baby teeth of his. Sighing, I take my brunette hair out of his mouth, causing Helios to fuss slightly, wriggling in my arms, trying to find food or something else to put in his mouth.

"Helios, please wait until I can get you a blood bag or even human food. Amore, I promise that food will be on the way," Helios looks up at me, giggling at the promise of food. "I hope that you understand me and become some sort of super baby. Hell, maybe Daddy Aro can hear your thoughts when he holds you."

My son coos up at me, hitting his little baby hands at my chest before letting out a loud yawn. So you wanna eat and sleep, baby? We can do that. Rubbing his cheek, I race him to the kitchens, where a few of the human workers let out screams of terror when they take a look at Helios.

"He won't hurt you, humans, I promise. I need a blood bag. No, he isn't one of the immortal children that you have heard so much about," I explain. One worker nods his head and goes to the back room, bringing back an O+ blood bag upon his return. "Thank you."

"Of course, my queen," he says politely.

Taking a sip of the blood bag myself, I ran Helios and I back to my mates and I's nest, the place that would familiarize my son with our scent, as it was all over the place. Just the way I remembered, I sat down on one of our couches and held the blood bag to Helios' lips.

My son let out a coo and almost held up the bag by himself, taking big gulps of the red liquid, nearly spilling the bag on himself. Once he had finished the entire bag, he looked up at me, some blood running down his chin. I take my finger and wipe it back into his mouth. The young prince giggled and fell back onto me, hugging my chest.

I let out a hum as I watched Helios fall asleep on my chest. I guess if you're only half immortal, you can enjoy the prospects of falling asleep on your mommy as well as drink blood. I mean, I wouldn't complain, little Helios, you are the sweetest little thing I have ever seen. Mates incoming. Oh, so now you decide to show up, Maeve? Yeah, bitch, I'm here and I... I am here and I am trying to tell you that your mates are quite happy with themselves and are ready to see you now. What were you about to say? Nothin'.