ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁹

ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ. ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ, ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ.

ᴛɪᴇꜱ ʟᴏꜱᴛ, ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴜɴꜰᴏʟᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴠᴇɴꜱ ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ.

To collide with your own mind is beyond frustrating. Finding yourself unable to account for yourself may be worse. What was I but my own knowledge mixed with the experiences I had? Without that, I was but a queen without cause, without the ability to bring justice to those who had broken our very sacred laws.

A crown made of paper, written with corruption and deceit, that is what I would hold on my head if I was found without my own wit.

Finding myself had already proven to come naturally. Most people took years, decades, to find out who they really were. For me, I had already found out at the ripe age of 18.

This year I will not have a party. A birthday without a party was one I already knew too well. Locked inside the castle, none of the guards could throw a big celebration in my honor. It was better knowing that my mates wanted to spend the day with me and Helios.

Dated August 30th, 2006, our castle had gone through many renovations. Our halls often found themselves filled with cheerful guards and waiting missionaries of the law, our law. The Volturi were not in low spirits, no, they always found a way to get through tough times. Even when we found ourselves locked inside our home with no way to see our outside friends, we had ways of finding enjoyment in the thick walls of Volterra.

Today I would be able to see the sun for the first time in two weeks. Of course, I had my own little ball of sun right on my lap, but the real thing did feel nice on my porcelain skin.

"Mamma, what do people do on the day that they are born? Like, the years after?" A question posed by none other than my son, who had not yet celebrated a birthday. I sometimes forget that you're only about three months old. You grow so fast. You look like you're five, little man. Although, you do talk a lot smarter than children your physical age. I see that my vocabulary has rubbed off on you. Poetic child of mine.

"They commonly celebrate with those that they love, but this year we cannot have a big party. We must make sure that you are safe, my baby," Helios snuggles into my chest, but I can tell that he is upset that there will not be a party. Little sneaky pants knows that parties mean cookies and cookies mean that he gets to eat them.

"Can I have a party when I turn one? I want a party!" I laugh and kiss his little head. His hair had grown much longer than I originally expected. Although not biologically related, Helios did have a striking resemblance to Aro, who he shared many physical features with. I did have to say that his personality did remind me more of a mix between Caius and Marcus.

A dastardly combination indeed.

"We shall throw you a birthday party once things are safe for you. Once the world knows about their little prince, they will be delighted to come to your party. We can have anything that you want there, little man," Helios cheers at the proposed party of his. Such a wild child. I wonder if other hybrids are this wild.

"Do I hear of a party, i miei amori?" Marcus' voice rang out through the hallways. My sweet baby. I love you.

"Just a future party, amore," my mate kisses my cheek before sitting down next to me, purring as he runs his hands through my brown hair. Helios is curled up on me and just giggles at the affections to me from his father, who pats his head before returning to stroking my silky hair.

"I can't wait for it. Although I do believe that my brothers are waiting outside for us," I groan, knowing that I would have to move my little sunshine off of my lap and have him walk with me to the gardens. "I'll carry Helios, amore."