ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁷

ɪ ᴀᴍ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ 3 ᴅᴀʏꜱ. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ Qᴜɪᴛᴇ ʙᴜꜱʏ. ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴜꜱᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʜᴇʀᴇᴛɪᴄ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ. ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀꜱᴛʀɪᴅ ʟᴏʟ. ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇꜱ, ɢᴏ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟʏᴀᴍᴏʀᴏᴜꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ. ɪꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ. ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ. ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪɴ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ.

ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡ, ꜱᴏ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ. ᴡᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇᴇ ɪꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪᴛ ɪɴ ʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴀɴ ¹⁰⁰ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ ʟᴏʟ. ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ʟᴏɴɢ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.

The rush of power that I felt was almost indescribable, the euphoria hitting me as I watched the bitch burn in the fireplace. Athenodora screamed as the rest of her soul sister was burned, ending her immortal life. The pair had been caught, and my wrath would be their punishment. The blonde woman stood there in fear, the rest of her new coven making their way in the throne room, hissing as they heard Sulpicia burn.

Letting out a small giggle, I give Athenodora a demented smile. Nobody messes with my coven, little whore.

"How dare you kill one of our own without cause?" the supposed leader questions me. I laugh out loud and sigh, turning my head to him and pouting like a young child would. "You say that you are not above the law, but you kill without evidence! You had no proof!"

"Oh, but we did," I leave Athenodora's side to stare directly at the darker skinned man, who was stepping towards me in an aggressive stance. Aro came to my side, giving the leader of the Yemen Coven a growl at his apparent aggression towards his mate and queen. His red eyes stared into mine, him trying to intimidate me with his size. Oh, he had size, but I had the strength of a newborn vampire and previous self defense training.

"No, you didn't! I heard you, Queen Annalise of the Volturi, Sulpicia said that you never touched her, that Aro had not touched her skin! That is how Aro's power works! You are not gifted!" The man makes baseless claims that I was in fact like Caius, not having a gift of my own. Aro let out a deep laugh full of malice and hatred. Arif is the man in front of you. He believes you to be a danger and will try and fight back if you order his demise. His name means knowledgeable. Arif was turned in 1765 by a woman named Afina. He killed her to gain control of the Yemen Coven. He was friends with Lukas.