ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁸

ᴏᴍɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏᴍɢɢɢɢɢɢɢɢ.

ꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.

Our arrival went unnoticed by all of the locals. Many of the cities that we had to sneak through didn't care to notice that about a hundred people were travelling through the area at high speeds. The fact that we are all wearing black coats also doesn't help.

While it was quite dark out today, we still did have to stay out of the sun. Staying in alleyways did help us get around, as many of the large cities all had connected alleyways. We were lucky that no low end people or criminals were chilling inside of them. That could have been a mess waiting to happen. A bunch of people missing and connected in LA would not make for a good impression on our part.

The town that I once found some comfort in felt drier than ever. Even with the cloudy skies and the snow, the place was a desert of old and fractured memories. Many of the people who had lived here betrayed me in ways I never thought possible.

Speaking badly about me was one thing, creating an army to attack the people I loved was another. The latter was unforgivable. Edward, Bella, and Alice may not die today, but they will never be allowed to step into Italy or into any gathering we have. Our social events will not involve them. To us, they won't exist.

Until they break the law, that is.

Quite a few laws concerning people attending trials would have to be made after this. First of all, limiting three witnesses per defendant. Likely we would make sure that these witnesses were from one coven and not just one from three different covens. Nomads would count as a coven, as they are alone. That makes maybe seven of these people able to come in the end. The Olympic coven maybe had four members left and yet they were able to grab about thirty vampires.

Things would be changing after this trial. No more division like this. If you have personal ties to a defendant, you are not allowed to watch like we would have other covens do. I mean, they would try to pull some but you have witnesses as well bullshit.

There, plothole fixed with my own damn venom.

Stefan wants a fight. Damn, Maeve, what's new? Nahuel and Huilen want to protect the young Masen girl and are being manipulated into thinking that the Volturi will try to destroy Nahuel if they don't fight against their rule to kill Renesmee. Ridiculous, you haven't made a ruling yet. What the hell are they even playing at anymore?

Did Alice see any of your faulty visions? She may be using that to her advantage. I mean, you did make it seem like we were coming in for the kill. I blocked her. What do you mean you blocked her? Her visions, I blocked them entirely. She can't see you or any of your family members until I will it so.

After everything that Maeve was supposedly able to do, blocking Alice shouldn't have seemed surprising. No shocker. The problem was that it was a shocker and I was surprised. Doing something like that, having a damn voice inside of my head be able to block another person's gift, it was confusing.

Whatever Maeve was, I knew that she was powerful.

They haven't noticed our presence or our scents. Alice is confused on why she cannot see what is about to happen. She thinks that either you aren't coming until sunset or you have found a way to block out her powers. Hah, it wasn't Anna, hoe, it was me. That it was. Though at least she is smart enough to know when her powers could be failing her. What else do you see, Maeve?