ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²²

ᴀʜʜʜʜʜʜ! ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ɢᴜʏꜱ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ! ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ɪꜰ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴠᴇʀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴛᴜꜰꜰ. ᴄʟᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ! ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇɴꜱᴜᴀʟ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ!

ᴇᴅɪᴛ: 750 ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ. ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟᴏɴɢ :0

ᴇᴅɪᴛ: 960 ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴇᴛ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴏᴋᴀʏ?

ᴇᴅɪᴛ: ꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ 3 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɴᴏᴡ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ-

Most of the time I would be spending more equal time with all of my mates but now that I had experienced the true pain of seeing Caius in danger I couldn't let him leave my sight, causing us to nearly be attached at the hip. While now we were not completely attached like we were on the plane, I still kept him cooped up in his chambers.

"Cara mia, what are you doing?" My handsome mate questions me. "Are you going to roll all over me again? Have we not fed you enough blood bags to satiate your thirst today?"

I frowned. Even thinking of the euphoric red liquid lit my throat on fire.

"Don't make me hungry, mate," I whispered into his chest, "I don't like being this hungry all the time. I'm sorry that I roll around, but it's just my natural response to being hungry."

Caius sends me an apologetic smile, pulling me closer to the upper part of his chest. "Do not think that you need to apologize for something that is instinct to you, Anna. It is just uncomfortable most of the time for you to roll on us like you do. We can tolerate it for the rest of eternity if it helps you, but it is somewhat awkward."

"What the hell do you mean by awkward, Caius?" I ask, completely oblivious to whatever was laying out right in front of me. I was often innocent to these kinds of matters, having never really been close to anyone in my lifetime.

My blonde mate let out a deep chuckle before putting his hand in mine. "You truly are the most innocent person I have ever met. With being around the behemoth, I would have guessed that you would pick up on his dirty jokes and annoying remarks. Alas, my brother and I have gained innocence and purity from you," Caius sounded very proud of this fact. I still am so confused. My mate seemed to recognize my confused face. "Come on, cara mia, how can you not understand this? Have you not gained any information on this matter from that little voice of yours? Has it not told you the bad things yet?"

Care to explain, voice? I'll let you figure this one out, Anna darling. I hate you. I love you too.

"She won't tell me, Caius," I whine, "She won't tell me a thing about this! I mean, why can't she just tell me what I need to know. I want to know."

"Your thirst for knowledge is likely the reason she is here," the blonde king muses. "You are one of the most curious women I have ever met, Annalise. I cannot believe that with all of your wit and newfound knowledge that you cannot piece together this one puzzle."

This was the part of my mate that I both loved and hated at the same time. While the blonde king was sometimes the kindest and the most attentive mate I could ask for, he was also sometimes the biggest pain in the ass. During his pain in the ass moments, he will just tease me relentlessly. His comments could drive me insane sometimes.