ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁵

Well, my mates had lied to me for the first time. I was officially bored.

There was absolutely nothing to do around the castle. It was the weekend and there had been no new trials for me to try and test out my new gift. Most of the guards had been sent out on missions to build relations throughout the world, including my most trusted ally and friend Demetri. It was a crying shame that my mates hadn't allowed anyone here to stay back and keep me entertained by playing video games with me. I would pester my mates about it later.

Hell, even Renata, Aro's friend and personal bodyguard, was gone out to protect the lower guard while they were out. The castle was truly huge and unbearably quiet. With my vampire senses I could tell just how quiet it was inside the castle. I could barely even hear the people inside, as they were on the other side of the castle.

Your chambers were built on May 2nd, 2006. Damn, my chambers had been built already? Did I even have to use them? Living in the same room as my mates was getting a bit cramped, but being with them was amazing. Must be the stupid newborn vampire bond and emotions. I feel like a mess. Why can't I just skip this damn stage of my life and just be a normal vampire? Damnit, I either feel like eating or having sex. Why do I want sex so bad? I've only kissed ⅔ of my mates! I shouldn't be lusting after them like some teenage fangirl! Wait, I am a teenager and I could very well be classified as a fangirl with how the bond affects me, so am I just a teenage fangirl? The questions I have to ask myself, I swear to fucking god.

Sex would be nice though.

I yelled at my head for being so damn dirty minded. At some point, Aro would be seeing these memories and thoughts. Shit, he'll hear this. Aro, I hope you're happy! Even if Marcus and Caius can't hear this, I hope you're happy as well! You all make me horny as hell! Why? Why do you do this to me? Your poor mate is dying. Fuck, I'm having a conversation with myself. Aro, sorry you have to hear this later, I'm just a mess right now.

The door slid open only to reveal just the person I was talking to inside my head, Aro Volturi. I smirked at him and giggled as he walked closer to me.

"What is so funny, il mio amore?" Aro questions, kissing my cheek happily. I shake my head and giggle some more. "What is going on inside that pretty little head of yours, cara mia?"

"Why don't you just check, Aro darling?" I tease. Aro laughs before his face turns serious once again. He looks a bit shocked. "Aro. . .Why do you do this to me?" I draw out the me part and Aro laughs.

"Annalise, are you perhaps giving me permission to use my gift on you?" He asks, expecting me to just say no and move on.

"I mean, I did see quite a bit of what goes on in your thoughts, Aro. It is only fair," I point out. Aro is about to protest my reasoning but I cut him off with a, "Yes, Aro, I am giving you permission. Shut up and hear what I told you before you came in. That is why I was giggling."

Aro comes closer and kisses me. Physical contact was all that he needed, so kissing me was a sly move on his part. If Aro were human, he would be blushing at your thoughts. Ok, so why did I need that information again?

"What information, il mio amore? I can not hear your gift while in your head," Aro asks, curling up on my lap.

"Believe me, it was. . . I don't need to hear about everything. I can read you like some cringy teenage vampire romance novel. Seriously, imagine if we were in one of those. I bet we would be villains, main characters usually hate laws," I theorize, Aro laughs as if he knows something that I don't. "You better not be saying-"

"We are not in a teenage romance novel, Annalise. Though, if we were, it would be awful for them to claim we are the villains. What did we do? Enforce the laws?" Aro asks playfully.