ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁶

ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴀɴ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪꜰ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɢ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ. ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴛᴇ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴀᴅᴅᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ.

ᴡᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍʏ ʙᴀʙʏ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏʟ. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ.

No battle training could have prepared me for the idea of war. Never in my entire life did I think that I would ever be involved in something like war. The entire concept of killing people for food was still a bit iffy in my mind, but I allowed myself to feel no grief over it. Now, killing children, even if they were immortal children, was on my mind. Yes, they were killing machines and needed to be stopped, but seeing a child go through all of that just made me want to vomit. I had to remind myself that their parents or their loved ones would want me to save them from themselves, to put them down so that they could be in a better place if there was one.

My reasoning skills would have to outweigh my maternal instinct for the time being.

"Il mio amore, we need to leave," Aro croons from the couch, picking out a cloak for me to wear into battle. It was actually quite useful according to the guards, able to slap them in the face when the enemy came too close to them.

"Time to kill some people," I sigh. My mate kisses my head and pulls me into a tight embrace. We had everything planned, but even the idea of my mates being in danger put me on edge, my instincts pulling me to do everything that I could to protect them.

"I promise that this will not be a regular thing once the Romanians are destroyed, my precious mate," Aro whispers into my ear, holding me close to him. "Just stay with Marcus. Caius and I will be able to hold our own. Always."

I nodded, moving away from him, now turning to Marcus, who had just entered our nest in order to get me. Staying close to my sire was, in the end, the best option for me, as he would be able to pull me to him through our different bonds. His face turned solemn, my mate led me out of the comforting purple room.

The Volturi would have to cross through the sea. Since I did not learn how to run on water yet, I would have to be carried by Marcus.

We would come in through the mountains. Nobody knew that we were coming. No other covens would join us in this battle. It would be us, the Volturi, against them, the Romanians. A battle that had lasted over two millennia and had accounted for the losses of too many beloved members of the Volturi, including my mate's sister and my other mate's wife.

Our Coven would not allow them to live any longer, not after everything that they had done.

They have no idea that you are coming. They do not even know that you are gifted. Word of your gift is muddled, as most of the vampire world hates the Romanians and are unwilling to speak of your gift. Vladimir has someone named Ward that can throw off Demetri. If you kill him, you can kill Vladimir. What about Stefan? Aro will have his chance and he will use it wisely. Do not tell him. Okay.

"Come here, tesoro, close your eyes and hold on," I listen and jump on him, purring into his chest. It was more to comfort myself rather than a show of my happiness, which was basically nonexistent due to the impending destruction of many people.