ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁶

ꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴏ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ. ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ.

ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴀᴄᴛᴏʀꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ.

ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ...

The future of the Volturi was on the line, that much was for certain. We would have to watch as we either made the biggest fools of Edward and Bella or made fools of ourselves. I still believed that the first would be what happened, especially with Maeve screwing with the little seer Alice, who had come to rely too much on her gift. Yes, gifts were a part of a person, but they were also their own form of a curse. Aro had to see his sister get screwed and Marcus had to watch as Didyme's bond snapped, meaning that she was no longer alive, burned to ashes by Stefan.

If any of the Romanians were there, the ones that were not home while we annihilated their bases, we would destroy them in front of everyone. The world would know that messing with the law, our sanity, and our family, meant destruction. It was one of the only times where I agreed with just outright killing someone. Stefan had killed Marcus' first love and Aro's sister, he deserved a painful death.

I would allow my mates to kill them. As the people who loved her most, my two mates would be the ones to choose what would happen to the blonde vampire. An eye for an eye was what he would get. No trial, we had enough evidence to use lethal force.

Justice would be served for Didyme Volturi.

"Mamma, when are we going to leave for Forks?" Helios asks, tugging at my dress. His attempts to gain my attention worked. I turn my head to my little boy and smile.

"We shall leave when your daddies are done with the last few trials of the day," I explain. "What are you doing, Heelie?"

My son had decided that it was time to wrap his entire body around my torso. While this sort of behavior was common from him, I didn't expect him to do it while I was still standing. I mean, he had used his enhanced senses and abilities to super jump on my body, curling around me like a koala.

Eh, he was quite the cute little koala child.

"Whatever I want," He sasses. "Right now I want food. Can we get food? When do we next feed? I'm hungry."

Helios had started to feed with us. Although he was a bit young to be feeding off of humans, just drinking blood bags could only get him so far. His instincts told him to hunt and to feed. Who were we to take away that from him when he was fine with killing the human as well? I mean, he hasn't shown any care, often saying that it's the circle of life.

Why did I let Marcus show him that movie?

"We feed on Fridays, Helios, you know that," I use my stern motherly voice on him. "We can go get you a blood bag if you're hungry. Or you can eat human food."

"Mamma, human food doesn't taste as good," he complains, "I want blood."

"I can get you blood, Helios, don't throw a fit over the fact that you need to stay on our diet. I promise that this Friday you can feed. We will be back from Forks by then. We may do a hunt after Forks, so you may be able to hunt for the first time," I say.

"Have you been hunting before?" I shake my head. "Have daddies?"

"Yes, they have. It used to be the only way that vampires could get blood. Immortals did not always have blood bags when they thought killing humans was wrong. Uncle Jasper and Emmett and Aunty Rose all used to feed from animals because they didn't want to kill the humans."