ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁵

ᴀʜʜʜ, ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ! ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ, ɪᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴɴᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ! ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴀᴅɪ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ. ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴɪᴄ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴɪᴄ ᴀꜱ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ!

ɪ'ᴍ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ʙᴇᴀɴ. ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ "ᴘᴏʟʏ ɢᴀɴɢ" ɢᴄ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴀɴ ɪꜱ ◔‿◔

Even when the Volturi were threatened, we found a way to get by. While the battle would be held in a week, my coven made their preparations. I knew full well that this could go south, that I could lose many of the people that I had grown to love. The haunting of the unknown filled my dead heart as my gift started to give me less and less information about the enemy.

We knew where they were and how many people they had, but I couldn't seem to hear what many of their gifts were. A gift could be the difference between a normal fight and a slaughter of epic proportions. Our gifted vampires could be blocked if someone was a shield. Akila would not be here for everything.

Our newest members of the Volturi elite had been deemed Shield Breaker and Fear Master. The names had flown through the guard before being released into the world. Even when Harb was not using his nickname, people who had heard of him before joining us were trembling in their immortal stances once he walked in the throne room to be judged.

"The Romanians have very few allies at this point, but we suspect that the West London Coven sympathizes with them and may have helped a few vampires escape while we were in their territory," Demetri lays out a map of the world on the table, pinning the locations of the Romanian base and the West London base.

During the past few centuries the Romanians had been getting antsy. Aro had helped recruit so many new gifted vampires and helped so many of his members find their mates that the Volturi had grown exponentially in power. They had barely any gifted vampires and relied on newborns and immortal children, who could be a nuisance to any vampire that encountered one.

The main problem with the coven was that they always seemed to have no backup plan. I had done my own reading on what had happened during the first war between the Romanians and the Volturi. From what I could gather on my own and from what my gift, of whom I had named Maeve.

Maeve had become more of a small friend than a demonic ally at this point and would go out of her way to try and give me information that I could really use to my advantage. I knew so little about her, but she was much less menacing to me and had become much more of a comfort to have around. She really could brighten up someone's day. It was a shame that Aro could not hear her while inside of my thoughts and memories.

All of the information that she had been giving me for the battle had to do with how many newborns and immortal children they had and where they were being stationed. Most of them were in the Romanian countryside where there were few humans. The few humans that did live there would just think that a missing person fell off of the mountains while climbing or something.

Vladimir and Stefan had stayed out of our sights for so long, hiding themselves with someone who had a very similar gift to Afton. While the vampire could not block their scent, their minds were clouded, making it very hard for Demetri to get a hold of them.