Chapter 1: First meet

Caleb had just left for the night in his modified talon costume and costume jacket. He had been doing this for about a year now and finally felt like he was close to finding the court of owls who killed his dad just over a year ago. During his nights out hunting the court he would stop any muggings or robberies he came across. To Caleb's delight he had gone unnoticed by the press and even better the batfamily. It still surprised him that the batman hadn't noticed his activities yet but he wasn't complaining.

   As Caleb was jumping from building to building towards the nicer part of Gotham to follow up on a lead on the court he heard cries for help coming out of an alley he just jumped over. He instantly turned back to the alley and saw 3 men mugging a couple. Caleb quickly jumped down landing on one of the muggers knocking him out. He then slammed the heads of the other 2 muggers together dayzing them. Caleb then threw one of them into a wall and kicked the other into a dumpster. He then disappeared again and just as quickly as he showed up he was gone. During the fight he didn't notice that someone was watching him. As Caleb got back on the roof he was on he heard someone in the shadows say "who are you?"

   "Shit." is all Caleb could say as he turned to find a girl who he assumed was about his age in a black and yellow costume.

   Her face was completely covered in a black mask as she stared at him as he stared back waiting for her to do something

   Her face was completely covered in a black mask as she stared at him as he stared back waiting for her to do something. The two just stared at each other for another minute till Caleb said "are you going to try to stop me?"

To which the girl replied "should I." as more of a comment then a question. With that response Caleb started to walk away from the girl staring at him. As he walked off she grabbed his shoulder and asked "why you leave?" to which Caleb responded to by trying to punch her in the face. She dodged the punch easily and with her hand still on his shoulder threw him to the ground which he did a handspring out of it landing on his feet he quickly turned around to face her again and got ready for a fight. 

   The two of them went blow for blow equally matched neither getting the upper hand until she pinned Caleb to the roof and said "stay down you can't win."

Caleb then flipped her over him so she was on her back and as he was getting up he said "i've trained my whole life for far worse than you."

To which she replied with "have you." while getting up.

He then asked "you ever hear of the court of owls?" causing her to simply shake her head. Caleb then says "exactly." and disappeared into the night.