Chapter 30: Battle Of The Owls (part 4)

"Nonononononononono." Caleb mutters constantly.

"Kye Rivers my Talon, kill them." the Owl at the podium says. The talon in the arena then starts to walk towards Redwing, Orphan, Nightwing and Spoiler.

"NOOO!" Caleb shouts as he runs at the talon switching his sword to his right hand. The talon then pulls out a sword of his own and the two swords clash. As Caleb and Kye are fighting Cass tries to help by throwing a few batarangs at the talon witch Caleb knocks out of the air with his sword.

"Why I help?" Cass asks Caleb.

"This is my fight." Caleb tells her. While Caleb is turned towards Orphan, Kye takes the opportunity to slash Caleb's back. Caleb then turned back to the talon and slid under Kye's sword. Now behind the Talon Caleb throws a few knives into his back and flips over Kye pulling his mask off. As Caleb turned back to the Talon and saw Kye's face it only confirmed his fear and a single tear fell down Caleb's face as he recognized his Father's face.

"Are we supposed to recognize him?" Spoiler asked, confused as to why Redwing pulled the Talon's mask off.

"You're not, I am." Caleb said as he jumped over the Talon trying to slash his shoulder but Kye rolled away from his attacker. Once Caleb landed on his feet he pulled down his mask and took his hood off to reveal his face. There was clearly sadness and pain in his face but also determination to finish the fight.

"Is that supposed to make me feel something?" Kye said in a cold dead voice.

"I don't know dad but if you're going to kill me you're going to need to look your son in the face as you do so." Caleb said.

"Didn't the court kill your dad?" spoiler asks.

"They did." Caleb growls as he runs at his dad and their swords clash. Orphan and Spoiler just stare at Caleb in confusion as he fights his dead dad.

"Did we not say that most talons already died and the court brings them back." Nightwing says to the girls.

Kye then kicks Caleb in the stomach sending him stumbling back as Kye throws a few knives at his son. Caleb uses his gauntlet to block the knives and then rips them out of the gauntlet and throws the knives back at his dad. Kye knocks the knives out of the air with his sword as Caleb slides under him and pulls his feet out from under him causing Kye to land on his face. As Kye gets back up Caleb stabs him in the back and pushes him back to the ground.

The Talon then gets up with the sword still stabbed through him and asks "was that supposed to kill me?"

"I honestly don't know but come on dad remember why you ran away from the court. Remember me, remember mom, remember Christi." Caleb growls.

"That's pointless Mr. Rivers we made sure of that. But thank you for the name we can use." the owl said.

"Damn it." Caleb growls.

Caleb then runs at his dad and as Kye tries to slash him he flips over Kye and grabs his second sword off the Talons back. Kye then quickly turns around to face his son and the two clash swords. Kya then goes to slash Caleb but he ducks under the sword and sweeps his dad's legs out from under him. Caleb then pulls his sword out of his dad's back. As Kye is getting up Caleb puts the two swords he's holding on each of his dad's shoulders and says "I'm so sorry dad but you died a year ago." Caleb then decapitated his dad.

"Nicely done Mr. Rivers killing your own father, you'll make an excellent talon." the owl at the podium says.

"THAT WAS NOT MY DAD!!!" Caleb shouts as he throws his dad's sword into the owls face shattering the owl mask.