Chapter 7: The Choice

When Caleb finally woke up he found it was 3 in the afternoon and he was still in his modified talon suit. He then took off the costume to take a quick shower before throwing on jeans and a t-shirt. He then grabbed a sweater before heading out to the nearest pizza place to grab some food.

When Caleb got back to the apartment after heating he checked the news to find that Killer Moth and Firefly had been captured and returned to Arkham. Although two of the escapees were captured the problem was far from over and the streets would still be on fire when night fell.

However this was not Caleb's concern tonight, for tonight he would finally find the Court of Owls. Because of this Caleb took it easy and rested until 10 pm when he got into his costume but this time he didn't put on his dad's costume red and black leather jacket instead he strapped two swords to his back and put on his dad's old talon gauntlets.

Caleb then headed out and went to the home of the potential court member and waited for him to leave. As he waited Caleb could hear gun fire and the sound of glass breaking but he didn't move from his position watching the house.

"Talon!" Caleb heard Orphan say from behind him.

"No not talon. Talon Hunter." Caleb responded, still looking at the house.

"T H?" Orphan questioned.

"Ya stands for Talon Hunter." he told her.

"You really here?" Caleb heard from behind him. He then turned his head to see Orphan while still keeping an eye on the house.

"Where else would I be." Caleb told her as he turned his head back to the house.

"Gotham needs you and you here." Orphan questions him.

"I finally found them. I can find the court of owls." Caleb responded.

"Bu..but our home?" she questioned him again.

"I can deal with that tomorrow I've finally got the court all in one place." Caleb told her. This caused Orphan to pull him away from the edge of the roof where he was standing to look her in the face.

"We can find them again. Bu...but Gotham need you." she tells him and takes off her mask before saying "I, I need you." seeing Orphan's face for the first time and her being on the verge of crying broke Caleb out of his obsession with the court.

   "Ok what do you need me to do?" Caleb asked her as he pulled down the mask covering the lower half of his face and taking his hood off

"Scarecrow have Batman." she told him.

Caleb sighs before saying "so Batman's been captured?" which only gets a nod from Orphan. He then asked "isn't there anyone else who can help with this?" while running his hand over his hair.

"No only you." she told him.

He sighed again and asked "Ok where to?"

This caused Orphan to quickly hug him before saying "follow." they then put their masks back on and started running. as the two were running on rooftops she then said "I no call you Talon Hunter."

"Then what do you want to call me?" Caleb asked her, kinda smugly.

"I not know yet." she told him.

"Ok let me know when you figure it out." Caleb responded.

As the two reached where scarecrow was hiding out Caleb stopped Orphan before she could break through the sky light "wait! If it's of any use my real name is Caleb." he told her.