Chapter 48: Moving Forward

(A/N) Hi sorry this chapter took so long and I will admit that it took longer then it should have for me to write and I have my reasons but I won't bore you with them so I'll just say sorry it took so long and the next few should come out quicker. Thank you for being patient and the picture is just something I felt like sharing and it is sorta relevant to something that happens so ya. 

-S.L. 

As night falls on Gotham Cass changes back into her Orphan costume after a day of relaxing with Caleb. As they left the apartment to head to the rooftops of Gotham Caleb was not wearing his Redwing costume because it is currently at the bunker being repaired after being shot the previous night. Instead he was wearing a pair of black sweatpants, a dark red t-shirt and a black hoodie that was currently not zipped up. As the two made their way towards Wayne tower Cass stopped a mugging while Caleb waited on a rear by roof as to not be seen out of costume.

When they got to the top of Wayne tower they used the hidden elevator to go down to the Bat-bunker. Once in the bunker Caleb and Cass saw Barbara in her Batgirl costume waiting for them or more specifically, waiting for Caleb.

"Hey Caleb, oh hey Cass." Barbara says as they walk out of the elevator leading to the roof.

"Hey Barbara where's Dick?" Caleb asks, opening a wall panel to reveal his recently repaired suit while Cass gives Barbara a small wave.

"Dick had to go back to Bludhaven for a couple days to deal with something but he'll be back as soon as he can. But until then you're stuck with me." Barbara tells Caleb.

"Oh, so now you're my babysitter, great." Caleb says as he pulls his costume off the stand it was on.

"I'm not here to babysit you Dick just asked me to keep an eye on you while he was out of town." Barbara says.

"So what would you call yourself if not a babysitter?" Caleb asks.

She then sighs before saying "fine you got me there, but then what's Dick?"

"He was assigned to babysit me by Batman before I became his sidekick." Caleb says as he walks away from the girls and around a corner to change into his Redwing costume. After a minute or so Caleb comes back out now in his Redwing costume to see Barbara now sitting in front of the computer with Cass standing behind her.

"So is there something in particular that we have to deal with or are we hitting the streets looking for trouble?" Caleb asks walking over to the two girls in front of the computer.

"Nothing in particular. And I thought you didn't like having a babysitter?" Barbara says.

"I don't but if Dick says we're working together while he's out of town I'll do it." Caleb tells her.

"That's the spirit." Barbara says before asking "Cass are you coming with us or do you have somewhere else to be?"

"With you." Cass says.

"Sounds good, wait does that mean I can't drive a Batmobile?" Barbara says.

"If you really want to, the two of you can take the car while I ride my bike beside you." Caleb says.

"You sure?" Cass asks.

"Ya." Caleb says before Cass appears in front of him to give Caleb a hug. Caleb quickly wraps his arms around Cass returning the hug before she looks up at Caleb and gives him a quick peck on the lips. They then break the hug to pull their masks on to walk into the garage section of the bunker after Caleb grabs his black and red leather jacket. Barbara and Cass then get into the Batmobile that Dick and Caleb have been using as Caleb gets on his motorcycle before they all drive out of the bunker and onto the streets of Gotham.