Chapter 5: The Breakout (part 1)

Caleb was sitting on the couch in the living room of the apartment he and his mother lived in. He was watching the news while his mother made dinner. Then on the news "Breaking new. Mass breakout at Arkham Asylum just occurred, releasing numerous of Gotham's most notorious villains housed at Arkham. Many mad men like the Joker, Scarecrow, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Firefly, Killer Moth and many more are now at large."

"Shit!" Caleb yelled in frustration at the news. He then asked his mom "can i call in sick tomorrow? I have a feeling it's going to be a long night."

"Ya sure. And I'm assuming you're heading out right after dinner." she responded from the kitchen.

"Ya probably." Caleb said, sounding kinda disappointed.

"What's wrong? And don't say nothing because something is definitely wrong." Christi told her son.

"I found them, I'm pretty sure I finally found the Court of Owls and then this happens." Caleb told her as he entered the kitchen.

While they were eating dinner Christi asked "so who's that new friend of yours?"

"What do you mean?" Caleb asked in return.

"Come on you met on the roof last night and then ran off together. Who are they?" she asked.

"Oh her." Caleb responded "ya she's a friend what about it?" he continued.

"So it's a girl, huh." she said

"It's not like that!" Caleb said defensively.

"Hey I didn't say anything, so clearly you were thinking it." Christi told her son smugly. Caleb then looked down at his food embarrassed and didn't say anything else while they ate.