Chapter 36: Underwing (part 3)

Night had fallen on Gotham city and Caleb left to go back to the alley where he met Dick, Nightwing's civilian identity. When Caleb got to the alley he didn't know what to expect because Nightwing told him not to come in costume. Then after about 5 minutes of waiting a car drove up from the back of the alley. Caleb turned to see what looked like a blue and black Batmobile.

The top of the car opened up and Nightwing jumped out saying "you actually came

The top of the car opened up and Nightwing jumped out saying "you actually came."

"You know where I live." Caleb responded.

"Wanna go for a ride." Nightwing says. Caleb just nods to Nightwing as he walks over to the passenger side of the Batmobile and hops in through the open roof. Once Nightwing gets in the car the roof closes over them as Nightwing starts the car up again. The two then drive through the streets of Gotham towards Wayne tower. They then turn down an alley leading to a dead end when the wall at the back of the alley opens up revealing a road leading to the Bat-bunker under Wayne tower. Nightwing then stops the car in the garage of the bunker and the roof of the car opens up. "We're here." Nightwing says as he gets out of the car.

"Why'd you pick me up if we're just coming here?" Caleb asks.

"Because I wanted to drive a Batmobile." Nightwing says as if it were obvious.

"Fine. Second question, why do you get to wear your costume and I don't?" Caleb says.

"Because you're getting a new one that isn't an old talon suit." Nightwing says.

"Is it the one you tried to get me to wear before?" Caleb asks.

"No, new one." Nightwing tells him as they walk up the stairs leading to the main area of the bunker.

"You really made another one?" Caleb asks.

"I did. I took some of your criticism of the last suit and made this one more distinct from mine." Nightwing says to which Caleb just nods. Nightwing then opens the wall panel that reveals the suit. The suit is black with red line work separating the different sections of the suit with a red bird symbol that resembles Nightwing's but it is still different enough for Caleb (all blue in the image is red in story and the billy club is attached to the thigh not the back).

 The suit is black with red line work separating the different sections of the suit with a red bird symbol that resembles Nightwing's but it is still different enough for Caleb (all blue in the image is red in story and the billy club is attached ...

It also has some sort of head armor that goes around the back of the head to just in front of the ears with a more cloth-like material that can be pulled up over the mouth and nose. There is then a hood with red line work resting on the back of the manikin. There is also a black and red leather jacket hanging next to the suit. It is a primarily black jacket with a few red sections and all the zippers, straps and buckles are highlighted with red.

"I got you the new jacket because I realized that you wear yours on a regular basis and we can't have anyone making the connection

"I got you the new jacket because I realized that you wear yours on a regular basis and we can't have anyone making the connection." Nightwing says as Caleb stares at the new suit.

"I like it." Caleb says.