Chapter 13: Surprise Guest

(A/N) the image above has nothing to do with the chapter I just felt like it fit with the tone of the chapter and I love the image so there it is. 

-S.L.

After leaving Batman on a roof Talon Hunter, Spoiler and Orphan roamed Gotham by rooftop looking for trouble. While the three were looking for someone to fight, Spoiler suddenly asked "So your name is Caleb?"

"Ya my name's Caleb, Caleb Millz." he told her.

"Well if we're sharing my name is Stephanie Brown and I'm assuming Cass already told you her name." she said in response.

"Ya she did." Caleb responded.

It was the next day and Caleb was getting ready to have dinner with his mom when they heard a knock on the window in Caleb's room. Caleb instinctively grabbed the throwing knife he kept on his ankle and went to go see what it was. When he got to his window he saw who appeared to be Cass out of her Orphan costume and in casual clothes sitting on the railing of the fire escape.

 When he got to his window he saw who appeared to be Cass out of her Orphan costume and in casual clothes sitting on the railing of the fire escape

Seeing her caused Caleb to relax and put the knife away as he opened his window he asked "Cass what are you doing here?"

"You mad I here?" she asked, sounding like she was trying to hide her disappointment.

"No not at all I'm just surprised that's all." he told her. This caused her head to shoot up with a big smile on her face happy to know Caleb was happy that she was there. Seeing this Caleb asked "so ah.. You wanna come in and join us for dinner?" Cass just nodded so Caleb stepped away from his window to allow Cass to climb into the apartment. "Come on, follow me." Caleb told her after she entered the apartment. He then yelled out "Mom we have a guest!"

"Oh! Who is it!" Caleb's mom yelled back as Caleb led Cass to the kitchen.

"You know that new friend of mine you were asking about a few days ago, well she's here." Caleb told his mom as he and Cass entered the kitchen. He then said "so ah mom meet Cass. And ah Cass this is my mom."

"Please call me Christi and this guy hasn't told me much about you." she said while waving her hand at Caleb then continued " but what I've managed to pry out of him has been nothing but good." she told Cass.

"Ni..nice to meet you." Cass said in response.

"I take it you don't talk much?" Christi asked, to which Cass just nodded. She then continued "ya Caleb seems to get it from his dad but he can go hours without saying a single word and it scares me sometimes but you get used to it."

"MOM!" Caleb yelled a little embarrassed. He then said "are you gonna tell her more now or can we do that over dinner?"

"Over dinner sounds nice. Cass are you joining us?" Christi asked.

"Yes p..pl..pleas." Cass said nodding.

"Yay!" Christi said excitedly, clapping. She then continued "now you two go sit down and I'll get the food."

The three then had a nice dinner during which Christi told Cass some embarrassing stories of Caleb, to his protest but there was nothing he could do to stop it because Cass seemed to enjoy the stories and his mom loved telling them.