Chapter 8: Getting Serious

"If it's of any use my real name is Caleb." he told Orphan.

"Cass." is all Orphan said before jumping through the skylight. Caleb quickly looked down to see she had landed on a thug that Scarecrow had hired. In front of her were about 20 thugs cutting her off from who appeared to be Scarecrow with Batman, Nightwing and a few random citizens strapped to medical tables. After seeing this, Caleb quickly jumped down landing beside Orphan and preparing for a fight.

Orphan then took one of the swords off Caleb's back and ran at the thugs separating her and Caleb from Scarecrow and Batman. As she got up to the thugs she slid under one using the flat side of the sword to trip them. Orphan then jumped up and kicked one in the face and used another as a springboard to jump over the thugs to get to batman.

Seeing this, Caleb quickly pulled out his Billy club while running at the thugs and jumped up, kneeing one in the face before getting into a fight with the rest of the thugs. While Caleb fought all the thugs Orphan quickly cut the restraints holding Batman and Nightwing down.

"Who's that?" Batman asked when he saw Caleb.

"Friend." Orphan told him. Before looking back at Caleb and saying "No kill."

"Why do you think I'm using the stick instead of the sword." Caleb responded while sliding backwards after flipping over a thug.

"Is he a talon?!" Nightwing asked concerned.

"Talon Hunter!" Caleb yelled back while running back into the fight with the remaining thugs. Orphan then ran back into the fight and vaulted over Caleb kicking a thug in the face while pulling the second sword off Caleb's back. Seeing as how Talon Hunter and Orphan had the thugs under control Batman and Nightwing went after Scarecrow.

With Orphan hitting thugs with the sides of the swords as well as stabbing them in non critical ways and Caleb with his Billy club the two quickly finished the fight. The two then went over to the hostages scarecrow had tied down and freed them. The hostages then quickly ran out of the building as the sounds of police Sirens could be heard approaching. After the hostages fled Orphan and Caleb left to wait on a roof for Batman and Nightwing while they dealt with Scarecrow and the police.

While the two were waiting on the roof Caleb asked Orphan "so when I told you my name earlier what did you mean by cass?" as he pulled down his mask.

"My r...real name Cass." Orphan told him.

"Hu, cute name for a cute girl." Caleb responded.

"Are we interrupting something?" Batman said as he and Nightwing landed on the roof the two were on. Cass just shook her head in response. "Good. Now who are you?" Batman asked sternly, looking at Caleb.

"The names Talon Hunter and I'll let you guess why." Caleb told The Batman.

"What do you want with the Court of Owls?" Batman said, not changing his tone.

"Killed my dad and I've been trying to find them since." Caleb responded, sticking to his slightly cocky tone he's been using with Batman.

"How close were you?" Batman said demanding an answer.

"Could have found them tonight but someone needed my help." Caleb said still with his cocky tone. He then asked "do you need anything else or can I get out of here?" as he started to walk away from The Batman.

Batman let Talon Hunter leave. As Caleb was walking away he pulled his mask back up and Cass followed him before being stopped by nightwing who simply told her "be careful." then let her go with Talon Hunter.