Chapter 43: Meet The Bats

Caleb awoke after a few hours of sleep to someone knocking on his door. As Caleb woke up he noticed that the knocking had woken Cass up too.

"What is it?" Caleb said.

"There is someone here who wants to talk to you." He heard his mom say from the other side of the door.

"Who is it?" Caleb asked.

"They said their name was Dick Grayson." Christi told her son.

"Give me a minute, I just woke up." Caleb said.

"Ok." Christi replied. Caleb then turned to see Cass pouting.

"If you want you can stay here while I go see what's up." Caleb says to Cass causing her face to light up as she lies back down. Caleb then changed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt before putting his owl talon necklace on and placing his knife in an ankle sheath under his sock. Caleb then tucked the necklace into his shirt and grabbed a hair tie as he left his room. He then saw Dick waiting for him in the living room of his apartment. "What time is it?" Caleb asked as he tied his hair up in its usual ponytail.

"About 12:30, why did you just get up?" Dick says.

"Ya, ya I did." Caleb says as he sits down on the couch Dick was already sitting on.

"Sorry for waking you then." Dick says.

"Don't worry about it." Caleb tells him.

"Well I needed to ask you a couple of things." Dick says.

"Go for it." Caleb says.

"There sort of related." Dick says.

"I said go for it, ask away." Caleb says.

"Well first do you know where Cass is and second I have a sort of family meeting I think you should be at so wanna come?" Dick asks.

"Yes and sure." Caleb says.

"Is that a yes to both?" Dick asks.

"Yes I know where Cass is and sure I'll go to your family meeting." Caleb says.

"Before we go where is she?" Dick asks.

"Follow me." Caleb says before getting up and walking back to his room.

"Is she really here?" Dick asks.

"Yes." Caleb tells him as he opens the door to his room revealing Cass curled up in his bed sleeping. Caleb then walks over and sits on the bed next to Cass and lightly shakes her shoulder as Dick stands in the doorway. "Hey Cass I know you just went back to sleep but you need to wake up." Caleb says. Cass just groans as she rubs her eyes waking up. "Dick needs us for something so you need to get out of bed." Caleb says.

"Was comfy." Cass says while pouting. In response Caleb just uses his head to point towards Dick who is still standing in the doorway of the room.

"Ya I'm still here so whenever you two are ready we sorta need to get going." Dick says. Cass then gets out of bed and puts her shoes back on before grabbing her sweater she tossed next to Caleb's leather jacket. Cass then puts her sweater on as Caleb walks over to her and grabs his jacket before walking out of the room to grab his shoes from the front door.

"Ok mom I'm heading out and I'll be back at ahhh... some point!" Caleb calls out.

"Ok be safe!" Christi calls back. Caleb, Cass and Dick then walk out the front door of the apartment before Caleb locks the door and turns to walk down the hall to the elevators.