Chapter 35: Underwing (part 2)

"The problem! The problem is that you've been lucky so far, you are going to kill someone." Dick says to Caleb as they argue in an alley.

"Why do you care what I do?" Caleb asked.

"Because you're a good kid but you're clearly angry and we just want to help." Dick tells him.

"You think I'm angry?" Caleb asks.

"Yes, comparing what you're currently doing to how you were with us is two very different styles. You've gotten a lot more brutal since the court and I can't blame you. They made you fight your dead dad so yes you are definitely angry." Dick said.

"Why do you care?" Caleb asked on the verge of growling.

"Do I need a reason to want to help?" Dick asked him, causing Caleb to just stare at him. "Fine, last night my little sister called for help and when I got there I found her crying over your unconscious body with your own sword stabbed through your stomach, so I'm doing this for her." Dick told Caleb leaving him speechless.

Caleb then shook his head snapping out of his daze and said "You mean Cass right?" Dick just nodded in response. "Well I think she hates me and rightfully so I hate myself too." Caleb said.

"Come on Caleb you're a good kid you're just angry about something, let me help you through it." Dick told Caleb.

"WITH ALL THE TRAINING MY DAD GAVE ME TO FIGHT THE COURT HE MADE THEIR PERFECT WEAPON HOW DO YOU UNDO THAT!" Caleb yelled at him.

"You can't change what they did to you or what you were taught but you can choose what you do with it. You can give in and become the killer they want you to be or you can fight back, do good and help people." Dick told Caleb.

"How?" Caleb asked.

"For starters ditch the swords and meet me back here at 11. Oh and don't wear your talon suit" Dick says.

"Are you going to force me to be your sidekick?" Caleb asks.

"Yes and there's nothing you can do about it." Dick says as he starts to walk out of the alley.

"I could not show up." Caleb responds.

"I know where you live!" Dick calls back as he leaves the alley and walks down the street.

"Damn it." Caleb mumbles as he exits the alley and continues to where he was going before his run in with Nightwing's civilian identity.