Chapter 29: Battle Of The Owls (part 3)

(A/N) sorry for not updating yesterday it was the first day since I started writing this that story that I didn't write anything so I'm going to try to publish 2 chapters today this is the first and I'm going to start writing the second one soon. I'm also going to try to start writing ahead soon so that I'm at least one day ahead on writing in case I ever forget to write for a day. 

-S.L.

"You'll have to find us first." a voice said over speakers hidden in the marble maze. Caleb then started to walk into the maze.

"Wait!" Nightwing said stopping Caleb. "I know how to get through their maze. I've done it before." Nightwing told Redwing, Orphan and Spoiler.

Orphan and Redwing just nodded to Nightwing while Spoiler said "then lead the way." the four then made their way through the maze. As they were going through the maze a few talons tried to slow them down but the four dealt with them quickly every time. Once they made their way through the maze the four found themselves in a big arena of sorts surrounded by seats filled with people in white owl masks. 

   One member of the court stands up in front of a podium and says "ah, you found us congratulations

One member of the court stands up in front of a podium and says "ah, you found us congratulations. Now what would the Gray son of Gotham and the son of a rogue talon like to do?" the four then recognize the voice as the one who had been speaking to them in the maze.

"Oh i have a few ideas." Caleb says while pulling out his swords.

"We are not killing them!" Nightwing says.

"Why not?!" Caleb responds.

"Oh that interesting one of you came to kill us while the others I presume want to arrest us." the man at the podium says.

"You were planning on killing them the entire time?" Spoiler asks.

"Why do you think I took the name Talon Hunter." Caleb tells her.

"So that's what you call yourself Mr. Rivers" the owl at the podium says. This clearly shakes Caleb as he tries to throw one of his swords at the owl but misses and hits the podium instead.

Cass, seeing that Caleb is clearly affected by what the owl called him, asks "what wrong?"

"Did he not tell you his real name, his father's name?" the owl asks.

"Never came up and we didn't need to know." Nightwing says.

"What a shame. This won't have the same impact on the rest of you then." the owl says. A Talon then jumps down into the arena in a similar costume to Caleb's but it's in the normal talon colours and has a traditional Talon mask.

"No. no no no no no no." Caleb mutters recognizing the talon costume as his dad's.

"What's the matter Caleb, aren't you happy to see your old man up and kicking again." the Talon says while Caleb is still constantly muttering the word no over and over again.