Chapter 47: Quiet Morning

Caleb awoke after crying himself to sleep for the second night in a row to find that his head was tucked into someone's shoulder. He then raised his head and laid it on his pillow and looked over to who was sleeping next to him to find Cass looking back at him.

"Hey." Caleb says, still waking up.

"Hi." Cass says.

"How long have you been up?" Caleb asks.

"Not long." Cass tells him. "You ok?" she asks after a moment of silence.

"I'm ok." Caleb tells her.

"W...want to talk about it?" Cass asks.

"Not really." Caleb says which causes Cass to roll over turning away from him. "Wait did you mean Rowan or the kiss?" Caleb asks groggily, getting no response from Cass. "Cass can you look at me please?" Caleb asks, causing Cass to roll over again to face Caleb while still not saying a word.

"Cass, I don't entirely know what happened last night but I do know that it was real and I don't want to lose you." Caleb says before taking breath and continuing "But if you don't want this, whatever this is between us I understand." In response Cass starts smiling and gives Caleb a quick peck on the lips. "Is that it?" Caleb asks, causing Cass' smile to grow before the two share a passionate kiss.

"That better?" Cass asks.

"Ya I think so." Caleb tells her. Caleb then sighs before saying "I have to ask you to keep the stuff about Rowan between us?"

"What you mean?" Cass asks.

"I have to ask you to not tell the others about him and sorta drop the subject all together so I can forget about it for a couple months." Caleb tells her.

"Understand, hurt to think about." Cass says.

"It does and if no one brings it up I should be able to forget about it for a while and I won't be distracted thinking about him." Caleb says.

"Good not get shot again." Cass says.

"Ya I wont get shot again." Caleb replies causing Cass to nod before the two sit up and get out of bed.

Once out of bed Caleb looks over to Cass and sees that she is no longer in her Orphan costume that she was in when he fell asleep and was now in a black sweater that was large on her. "When did you change?" Caleb asks.

"While you sleep." Cass tells him.

"Where did the sweater come from?" Caleb asks.

"It yours." Cass says smiling at Caleb.

"Fair enough." Caleb says walking over to Cass and kissing her forehead. They then walked out of Caleb's room to find Christi making breakfast.

As soon as Christi saw Caleb and Cass walk into the kitchen she said "Good morning you two, I hope you like pancakes cause that's what i'm making." Cass just nods in response before taking a seat at the table next to Caleb. As Christi finishes making breakfast, Cass rests her head on Caleb's shoulder who in turn rests his head on top of hers as she places her hand in his. "So I take it you two are finally together?" Christi asks as she serves breakfast.

"Mom!" Caleb says raising his head.

"Together?" Cass asks confused as to what Christi is talking about.

"You know, dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, together?" Christi says. Causing Caleb to turn his head to look at Cass as she nods with a smile on her face giving his mother her answer.

After they finished their breakfast Christi left for work leaving Caleb and Cass alone in the apartment.

"So what do you want to do?" Caleb asks.

"Cuddle." Cass says.

"Sure." Caleb replies, pulling Cass into the living room where they cuddle on the couch while watching tv.