Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Eight

A/N: I HIT 1K FOLLOWERS!!

never thought that would happen in a million years lol but hey! i'm so happy it did!! feel so famous, just waiting on my call from the russos any minute now...jk jk. unless...👀

okay, so this chapter is SPIDERMAN X BLUE PHANTOM WOOHOO!! also it's a very long chapter and it took forever to write it so please vote and enjoy it 🥺

————————————————————
"No, I'm not your mother.

But after I'm done with you,

you're gonna miss her like hell."
————————————————————

Adelaide had never been to the Hudson River Park before.

She suspected it looked much more attractive in the daylight or even at twilight as the sun set behind the river.

The teenager leaned against the railing, taking a deep breath as she looked across the river. Some of the lampposts were on so it wasn't completely dark. Regardless, tourists weren't exactly drawn to this dark, unexciting area of the park at 11 at night. She could see a couple boats still out on the waters, but they were already homebound.

She sighed. She shouldn't have come here. Her every single instinct was screaming that this was a terrible idea. But she wasn't here to hear what Graves had to tell her. She was only here to tell him for once and for all to stay the hell away from her and her family. This would be the last time she saw him. After this meeting, she was never going to get involved with him or the likes of him ever again.

She was done with her old life for good.

"I didn't expect you to show up," he said, coming to stand a few feet away from her by the railing. She didn't turn to look at him. From this far apart, they both looked like inconspicuous strangers looking at the river to a passerby.

"I came here to tell you I'm done," she said, fixating her gaze on the only boat still out on the water, "Don't ever try to contact me again. I don't want to hear what you have to say and I don't want anything to do with you, Graves."

"Ouch," he said and then chuckled, "I know you and I aren't bffs, but that one hurt, Rivers."

"I mean it," she snapped, "Stay the hell away from me."

He didn't say anything for a moment and Adelaide thought he was going to leave.

"You can't tell me you're not a little curious," he said, "If I know you, and I know you better than that Stark does, you're here because you want to hear my little secret."

Adelaide had never so badly wanted to break his nose. Not because he was being annoying, but because he was right. A part of her really wanted to hear what he had to say, if there really was anything in the first place. But then she remembered those nights in the hospital and the looks on the faces of the people she loved when they thought that they had lost her and she clenched her jaw.

Whatever he wanted to tell her, it couldn't be more important than her family.

"I don't care what you want to tell me," she said firmly and then she finally turned her head to look at him. "Stay away, Graves. From me. From my family."

Graves laughed, shaking his head to himself.

"You're adorable, sweetheart," he grinned and then sighed, looking back out at the river again, "But fine. If that's what you want. If you really don't want to know, I'll stay away."