Chapter Eighty-Four

A/N: y'all ever write a scene and just feel your mind go YES YOU LITERARY GENIUS YES YES YES and you feel like the fucking russos would be proud of you for writing that masterpiece. anyways i wrote a scene from chapter like 175 and let me say im ready for y'all to get there cause DAMN it's straight up fire

fyi i wrote most of this chapter during my zoom meeting for my physics class lol. can you tell how much i'm interested in physics lol

and in other, unimportant news, in the famous words of joey tribianni: "I WANNA GOOOO (outside)!!!" i think ive reached a new level of crazy. now i have an imaginary british boyfriend because i so desperately need someone who isn't my family to talk to hehe

BUT ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS SINCE IVE SEEN TO YALL which is totally my fault cause i got writer's block and could not finish this chapter for the life of me but now it's done. so so. not as good as i wanted it to be but whatever

————————————————————
"I just like coming here to

sketch people in crisis."
————————————————————

Adrian hit the table, angry.

"I can finish the next order, but without any new materials from that truck..." Mason said, saudering something at his desk. They were in the warehouse, trying to figure out what to do about the missing materials.

"Ugh, damn it," Adrian grumbled, "We still have enough to do the Gargan deal though, right?"

"Yeah, but then that's it," Mason said. Adrian sighed, leaning against the table Mason was working on. He caught Flint's eye across the room.

"He was a kid," Flint said, lifting one shoulder, "Sounded young. Teenager, maybe."

"Oh, maybe it is time that I built the high-altitude seal," Mason said under his breath. Adrian groaned.

"Would you shut up about that?" he muttered, pushing himself off the table.

"It's only one job," he argued.

"No," Adrian snapped. He stood in the middle of the room, running a hand down his face. He glanced at Flint.

"Eight years, not a word from the Feds, nothing from those Halloween-costume-wearing bozos up there in Stark tower," Adrian said to Flint, "And then all of a sudden, this little bastard in red tights shows up and he thinks he can tear down everything I've built. Really?"

He shrugged, pursing his lips.

"I'm gonna kill him," Adrian shrugged, "I'm gonna find him–"

"I found him," Flint said and Adrian turned to him in surprise.

Flint gestured to the tv playing behind Adrian. He studied the news. They were showing Spider-Man at the Washington Monument. The headline read Man Spider Climbs Washington Monument.

"Spider-Man swooped in, heroically saving an Academic Decathlon team from Queens. The identity of the masked hero is still unknown."

Adrian studied the screen with an unreadable expression.

—————

It was nighttime.

It had been several hours after they had gotten everyone out of the elevator. The school had notified the parents of the incident and they were all on their way here now. Their class was still at the monument, now surrounded by several police and a couple firefighter trucks, waiting for their families.