Chapter One Hundred Eight

A/N: hi!!

i feel like a literally zombie omg i need some sleep. i haven't slept properly in the past week and i am exhausted :((

but in better news, IM GONNA WATCH THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME TONIGHT AND IM SO EXCITED!! ive avoided social media all day today so i wouldn't get spoiled and now im finally finally going to watch itttt!! i can't wait to see tom as arvin, im so so so proud of him and how far he's come :,)

anyway, enjoy this chapter bc it's the last long chapter for the next few weeks. i had to divide the next few into shorter chapters so i could still continue to publish every wednesday. i figured a shorter chapter is better than no chapter :)

————————————————————

"Peter...are you sure you're not in love?"

————————————————————

Peter did not sleep that night.

And he couldn't even bring himself to go to Ada's room the next evening like he always did.

But even out of sight, the girl had consumed all his thoughts. She had taken over every part of his brain. She was all he could think about. He had relived every moment in his head since they had first met almost two years ago. The more he tried to stop thinking about her, the more he thought about her infectious laugh and electric blue eyes that had captured something from him the first moment he had seen them. The more he tried to stop, the harder it was to not imagine how she had given  him a shoulder to cry on or desperately tried to lead him in the right direction when he was astray from the path or how when no one else cared, she had shown up at his apartment in the rain to help him.

Peter groaned, rolling over on his bed and stuffing his face into the pillow. He was suddenly relieved May had left only a few minutes ago to go home. She usually spent the night at home, knowing he was safe here with Mr. Stark. For the short time that she had been here, however, he had barely held a proper conversation with her. He had been completely distracted.

He let out a muffled scream into his pillow.

Every time he closed his eyes, he always saw Ada smiling in a way that made her eyes crinkle at their corners or he would see her face a breath away from his as she slowly leaned in closer. He groaned again. He couldn't tell if he wanted to close his eyes to see that or not. It was like torture.

He had never felt this way with Liz.

This was...this was just...more. It was wonderfully painful. Like the kind of pain that follows the day after a rigorous exercise. It hurt and it burned, but it felt so impossibly sweet.

A part of him wanted to just march over there to her room and tell Ada everything. Tell her that he liked her because she got him. She understood him in a way that no one ever would and he wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her a lot. But he was too big of a coward to do that so he settled for groaning into his pillow once again.

All this time, the perfect girl had been right there and he never even realized. How could he have been so stupid?

It was Ada.

But, god, that was just so weird, wasn't it? She was Ada. He had never seen her like this before. She had been his best friend for so long, it felt impossible that she could ever mean anything more to him.

Did he...Did he want her to be his...girlfriend?

He actually sounded crazy.

Like he had lost his final brain cell crazy. And maybe he had.