Chapter One Hundred Forty-Five

A/N: BIG NEWS YALL

THE TITLE OF THIS STORY HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN CHANGED TO FROM THE DARK

aaaand the COVER HAS BEEN CHANGED AHHH

i am SO excited to hear your opinions on the cover bc i worked on that shit for like weeks and i've never done any photo editing like that before and i had to fix the shadows and lighting and make her eyes blue and ahsjaja i am obsessed with the way it ended up and i can't stop looking at it!!

pretty soon, i'm going to publish the second book (which will be called into the light) and you'll get to see it's cover too (which matches this book's cover! and it's my favorite one) i won't have any published chapters in the second book yet (obviously lol) but you'll see the cover and can go ahead and add it to your library to get updates when i do publish chapters ;)

i'm also thinking about adding a trailer (if i can get my laptop back lol) but i most likely won't be publishing that until this book has ended. however, i will def let you guys know when it's out there!! and if anyone likes video editing and wants to make some fun edits, i'd absolutely love to see them!!

okay so last chapter we obviously had a huge plot twist and some big news: adelaide has a brother!!

i know a lot of you didn't see that coming (which was the whole point lol) but it's true. she has a brother and he's alive and somewhere out there. now, i don't want to say too much but i promise he's going to make an appearance in this story relatively soon and he's going to be a major character in the story from there on out. i already wrote some scenes with him and can i just say *chef's kiss* i LOVE writing his character (though you may not like reading it)

anyway! onto this mentally scarring chapter! *cue me screaming in the background*

————————————————————
"A hero will choose the world over you,

but a villain will kill the world for you.

You, Adelaide, are the villain."
————————————————————

Adelaide was fresh out of patience by the time the truck door opened.

So when the two men saw their fugitive had been seemingly murdered, she jumped on them and knocked them both out in under a minute. She wiped the tears off of her face with the back of her hand and marched away from the truck without looking back.

She had said her goodbye to Graves.

It was over. He was gone.

But she would avenge him. And her parents. And her brother. And every other person Ivan Kazimir Lukov had messed with. She was done playing around. This would be the last time she ever saw Lukov again. Because either he was walking out of this place alive, or she was.

She was going to end this once in for all.

The assassin marched through the abandoned warehouse, unnoticed. She wasn't sure if they were still in Brooklyn, but no one was really here unlike the other warehouse. There were a few other trucks but they were unmanned and empty.