Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Three

A/N: YOU GUYS

we hit 300 thousand views 🥺

thank you, thank you, thank you!! this year rlly starting off on the right foot 😤

in other good news, i have the next 12 chapters ready to publish so that means for the next 3 months, even though i have school, you guys will still consistently get a new chapter every wednesday!

and as a lil' thank you for 300k, this chapter is super fluffy and a bit longer than usual so enjoy!! xx

————————————————————
"Whenever I'd vacuum the floor,

he would be scared that I would

accidentally vacuum him up too."
————————————————————

"May, I love you but please don't embarrass me in front of Ada tonight okay?" Peter asked as soon as he walked into the kitchen. May frowned at him.

"I never embarrass you. I thought we decided I was going to be the cool aunt?" she asked, looking up from her boiling pot and raising an eyebrow at her nephew. Peter shrugged, leaning across the island towards her.

"Yeah, but sometimes you call me that nickname..."

"What? Petey Betey? I haven't called you that since you were five," the woman laughed. Peter already felt his face getting hot from the sound of the extremely embarrassing nickname.

"You said it once in front of Ned. It was not cool," Peter muttered, staring at the countertop. May rolled her eyes.

"Alright, alright, I'll behave," she said, "Now try this." She held out the spoon with a bit of sauce on it for him to taste. Peter tasted it, considering it.

"Needs salt," he said and May nodded, turning back to her pot again.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Immediately, Peter jumped out of his seat and raced towards the door. He hadn't even been this excited to hear his doorbell ring since the UPS guy was supposed to bring his Nintendo switch. He was only this excited because he had been planning on asking Ada out to the Winter Dance tonight after dinner. He still wasn't sure which color to use yet, but he thought he would let the moment decide for him. He hesitated with his hand hovering above the door handle, however. He glanced at May sideways.

"How do I look?" he asked.

He was wearing his only shirt that didn't have a science pun on it and a pair of black sweatpants. (A/N: don't worry ladies, we're saving the gray ones for later ;)) He wanted to look casual as if this was just another night. His hair was its usual mess of brown curls that looked like he had tried to tame it, but then had ultimately given up. And May could even smell the extra strong cologne that she had bought him last Christmas all the way from the kitchen, his way of subtly trying.

"Go for Petey Betey," she nodded, giving him two thumbs up. Peter nodded and then stopped, realizing she'd called him the nickname. He gave her a stern look.

"May," he said.

"Okay, okay, I promise. I just had to get it out of my system, that's all," she chuckled, waving her hands around, "I'm good. I am."

Peter took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Ada was standing there, a bright smile on her face and a small vase filled with flowers in her hands.