Chapter Sixty-One

A/N: I know, I'm really late and I'm sorryy. I had a really busy week and literally just finished this chapter so I'm immediately publishing it. And I don't have another chapter written yet so I'll try my best to upload by Wednesday but I think it might just be a filler idk yet.

Also, happy Diwali everyone!

————————————————————

"Give me back my Rhodey."

————————————————————

"Captain Rogers," Vision said, "I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now."

Steve's team had gathered on one side of the airport, with Vision stopping them from going towards the Quinjet. Adelaide and Peter joined the rest of their team on their side. She watched Steve and Barnes, her head spinning.

She didn't know which side she was on anymore and that alone was terrifying.

"We fight," she heard Steve say and she glanced at Tony.

"This is gonna end well," Natasha muttered sarcastically as they pressed forward. Adelaide drew a knife from the leg of her suit, preparing to fight back. Was she even on the right side? Was it even about the Accords anymore?

"They're not stopping," Peter said, sounding tense.

"Neither are we," Tony said and they all broke into a sprint towards each other.

Wanda shot out her hands, using them to maneuver a truck to fling it at Peter. Adelaide sprinted the last distance forward and tackled the witch, causing her to fall over. They wrestled on the ground, trying to get the other to stay down. Adelaide was only half-heartedly fighting. The only thing holding her back was the thought that if she followed Steve to Siberia, how was she going to tell Tony everything?

Wanda flipped her over, holding the teenager's hand with the knife down above her head.

"I never thought we'd fight each other again," Wanda said, struggling to hold the teenager down.

"Me neither," Adelaide breathed, "But don't worry, Я подведу тебя легко." (I'll let you down easy.)

The witch laughed.

"Now, Spider-Man!" she shouted and Peter swung a crate into Wanda's back, causing her to release her grip on Adelaide. Adelaide rolled away, stumbling onto her feet. But before she could get too far, a car dropped in front of her. She stopped, looking over her shoulder to see Wanda standing upright, a red glow around her hands.

Suddenly, an arrow flew by her face and she jerked back just in time. From her right, she could see Clint approaching. In front of her, Wanda was closing in fast. Peter landed beside her and they shared a knowing look before running off into separate directions.

"Can't hit what you can't see," Adelaide said as she made herself invisible. Clint smirked, holding up his bow.

"One of these have to hit," he chuckled and began firing arrows at an inhumane speed. Adelaide barely dodged them all as she tried to get closer to him. She snuck up behind him and then made herself visible just before she pressed the blade of her knife against his throat. He didn't seem the least bit surprised.

"Watch out," he grinned.

Before she could process the meaning of his words, a truck behind her exploded and she was thrown into the air from the force. She landed painfully on her back on the roof of a car. That was the second time today that she had landed on her back. She groaned, sitting up.